Abience

It was easy locating the shop.

The little den was a sight for sore eyes. The Shadowed Bazaar was nestled in the heart of the Sub-terra. Candles flickered from the inside of rickety winding stores. There was more than enough electricity and the ground practically thrummed with the overload of energy. Something that lurked in each corner. Tattered curtains were barricading the entrances of some shops. A damp breeze ruffled the cloaks of shady figures. There was a cacophony of sounds from hushed incantations to carnal whispers. The air was thick with the smell of exotic herbs and secrecy.

This was a mystical emporium for those that hunted for the darker side of magic.

Right in the corner, stood a flickering neon light in dark purple.

'Aethereal Instruments & Numinous Enchantments'

"Not the catchiest name."

I'm sure the owner of the shop can hear my snide remark but I don't get smited down. Instead, I part the purple curtain and peek my head inside. It was what you'd expect of a shop here. All dark and dusty with weird trinkets lining every crevice. At the back of the shop was a counter that was the only space clear of any mess.

A rustling and then a loud bump was heard followed by a pleasant sound.

"Oh for f*^cK$ sake!"

A snort of derision escapes me at the sound of windchimes forming such crude words.

"I never knew you had the tongue of a sailor."

That was a complete lie. My dearest friend was the picture of innocence with her wide doe eyes and heart shaped face. It was as if Bambi had been reincarnated into the petite figure of a four feet and eleven inches tall fae. Her skin was alabaster and practically glowed underneath the intimate lights. Her hair was wispy brown while big thick framed glasses sat on the bridge of her pixie like nose. Her eyes were her favorite colour; a deep royal purple that stood out more than anything else.

"Oh. Althea. Where did you run off too?"

The fae's congested nose and red skin had cleared up nicely. She was the epitome of health as she ran around the counter to envelope me in her arms.

Aine was beauty personified and something that hadn't ever bothered me. However, as she now stood as regal as ever in front of my mate; unease developed in the pit of my stomach.

He doesn't even consider me as his mate. 

I've got too many battles to fight at the moment.

"I had a little situation that arose."

My words don't leave room for intrigue as a large shadow appears behind me. The Wolf drowns my fae friend as he stands more than a foot and a half above her. The woman's eyes widen as she stares above my head.

"Who's your little friend, here?"

"Some man that the King assigned to follow me around."

Hopefully the answer was a smack in his face although it probably doesn't phase him.

Fae looked above me once more before nodding quietly. She wouldn't speak freely with someone hanging around. Especially one who works close with the King.

"What brings you to my shop? I lurked around your house a few days back but it was all untouched. I knew you probably went somewhere but I was worried. I never know what you're up to."

I sigh and plonk myself down on the counter. Fae walks behind it to gather her supplies that had spilled out all around her. Kier merely creeps up behind me and stands there.