Chapter 1

First name- River

Middle name- Morana

Last name- Cassius(cash-us)

Current Alias- Ruby Allen

Age- 23

Height- 5'11

Eyes- Green

Nickname- Rain

Hair- brown, natural waves, medium length

River's POV

The Hydra agent pushed the newly sharpened blade into my skin. I wince as he cuts deeper. He had made cuts all along my arms, and legs, and he even stabbed me in the torso a few times. Each time I screamed a look of satisfaction creeped across his face. It killed me how much he enjoyed my pain. Maybe if he knows what it feels like he won't be smiling anymore. He continues to cut and slice open my skin.

"Maybe we should switch?" I say, cringing after hearing my raspy, pain-ridden voice.

The Hydra agent then slapped me across the face with all his force, I jolted awake.

I looked around my room realizing it had been a nightmare, for I had escaped that life almost a year ago. I regroup, catch my breath, and look at the time. I have work in two hours. Maybe I can get a small training session in before I leave.

One and a half hours later I'm grabbing my bag, and keys to the old raggedy sedan I drive and make my way to the small cafe in Toronto where I work.
As I'm walking in I'm pinning a name tag on that says 'Ruby'. Ruby Allen is the alias I've been using for the past 11 months since Hydra hasn't stopped their search for me. I guess I was a good asset.

Although I don't know if they want me under their control again or dead. If I am ever found, I hope it's the latter of the two, since the first option is much worse. I put my hair into a bun to keep it out of my face while I complete orders.

Suddenly I hear a commotion from my coworker next to me. I look over and see that my coworker had dropped coffee onto the counter making a mess, and the customer in front of her was very angry. The customer started insulting and yelling at her. She was frustrated with herself, she was having a bad week, being 15, and new to the workplace.

He was just going off to say something extremely rude, and I interrupted him saying,

"Hey, let's be civil here, no need to cause a scene, I'll get you your coffee and bring it to you, no need to pay."

I quickly calmed down my coworker and got back to work. An hour later an entire family came in and sat down at a corner table. A few moments later, a man got up from the table and came up to me to order.

"Hey, can I get four cinnamon rolls, two black coffees, and two hot chocolates, I'll tip extra since it's such a large order." I immediately notice his American accent.

"Oh, it's not an issue it's kinda my job, and no need for the extra tip."

"Oh please I insist."

I stood there realizing that I wouldn't win with this customer.

"That'll be $22.76 please, with no tip."

He smiled. Then I paid for his order leaving a three-dollar tip, knowing that if he tipped any more than that I would have returned it.

I continued to work until an hour before my shift ended, I saw a man I recognized from Hydra, seeing the symbol on his shoulder, matching the one tattooed on my left shoulder blade. Before he could see me I ducked under the counter and made my way behind him. Right as he turned around I smacked him in the back of his head trying to knock him out, unsuccessfully, since he had turned around.

We continued to fight until I ended up in a chokehold. I looked up to see the kind man from earlier making his way over. I was concerned he was also a Hydra agent until I realized he was sneaking behind the agent holding me in a chokehold. I gave him an alarmed look. Suddenly the Hydra agent tightened his grip around my neck. Snapping me out of my thoughts. The man from earlier noticed this and picked up his pace but kept his silence. He came up behind the Hydra agent kicking his knee out. Successfully helping me out of the agent's grip. The agent and the man continued to fight. I noticed two Hydra agents holding guns aimed at the kind man's head. I quickly made my way over knocking the guns out of their hands and kicking them away. I fought with them, while they seemed nervous. Probably new. I slowly but surely worked my way over to the guns I had earlier kicked away picking one up and shot them both Mozambique Drill style (double-tap to the chest and a single to the head). I pointed my gun at the first Hydra agent seeing that he and the man were in a stand-off. I shot the Hydra agent straight through the temple, then pointed my gun at the man who had earlier given me a gracious tip.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"A good guy."

Then he set the gun down slowly and kicked it over to me. I picked it up, and looked back up at him, analyzing him and my surroundings simultaneously.

I looked around the abandoned cafe. Hearing sirens I realized I had to get out fast. The man realized what I was thinking, and quickly grabbed my hand to get my attention.

"I never told you my name. I'm Clint, Clint Barton."

I vaguely recognized the name, but couldn't put my finger on where I knew it from.

"Need a ride?"

"You would be willing to give me a ride?" I ask unsure, why he was willing to do that.

"Yeah." he shrugged.

Word count- 945