Chapter 20

After a few moments of hugging each other we both step back to look at one another. I look her up and down, damn she looks so much more mature than the last time I saw her. The way she carries herself and how she's dressed. She looks good, healthy.

"Rain why are you here?" She asks me, then she realizes I'm bleeding and goes to help, but much I motion to her that I'll be fine.

"I'm here to destroy the base." I reply simply. She looks at me kinda confused before I show her the explosives I took off of Rogers before he ran out.

"Oh." Is all she can say.

"Get your people out. Leave the Hydra agents go get your family." I say then turn around to leave, but right before I go into the hallway I turn and say,

"You have 5 minutes, get out and at least a mile away." With that I leave.

After running around and planting all the explosives, I run out of the building. Slower than I usually could go because of the blood loss, I make it maybe 3/4 of a mile away and drop to my knees. I crawl behind a thick tree just as the explosive detonate. After sitting there for a minute or two my hearing is mostly back to normal. I make my way to stand up, just to fall back down. Damn blood loss. I sit there for a few more minutes before I hear a engine of the we came in on or a Hydra quinjet. Before I could fully see what was going on, I black out.

———Third Person P.O.V.———

The team arrives at the quinjet, all of them looking around counting each other to make sure they're all there. Before anyone is done counting, John speaks up.

"Where's mom?" He asks thinking she was just behind them coming in. Everyone looks around for her and when they can't find her. Right before they head back out they hear a beep.  They all turn to the screen to hear another beep just seconds after.

"She planted the explosives." Stark states, amazed. Now else speaks as they just watch the timer in the screen.

3:43....

2:56.....

1:32.....

1:00....

:55.....

:40....

"Where is she? She should be back by now." Luca speaks up. No one answers as everyone is watching the timer closely.

:20....

:15.....

:10....

:5.... It got eerily quiet. No one making a single noise, so they could easily hear what was going on.

:4....

:3....

:2......

BOOM

The team looks back and see's the Hydra base go up in flames.

———Two Days Later———

"She can't really be gone. Right? She's too strong for that, she must've had a plan." Luca speaks up at the table.

"Luca just eat, please. We can talk about this later." Clint directs towards Luca.