Chapter 21

"Shit, that's cool." Peter exclaimed.

"Language." Steve says giving Peter the stoic Captain America look. Peter apologizes and looks up to see Luca and John with almost pained looks in their faces.

"Oh I'm sorry I forgot." Peter says after realizing that she is currently missing or dead.

"Nah it's fine." Luca says, John just smiles in agreement, although you can see the pain behind it.

Peter and John end up going up to their room to talk about Star Wars Lego sets, while the other stay down in the common area and talk.

———Time Skip———

"Ok so after dinner we can look into the whole River thing?" Clint whispered to Tony. Tony agrees by nodding his head, so Luca wouldn't hear. After twenty more minutes of the adults and Luca talking Peter and John come back down, offering to play monopoly. The group decides that they wanted to play one round before they ate so they set it up and began. Not even three minutes in Kira came down, insisting on play with them, so they restarted.

"THATS CHEATING!" Kira yelled at Clint.

"I knew the mo-" Steve starts.

"DIE, YOU PIECE OF SHIT!" Kira's yells now directed at Tony.

"-ment she came down, there wou-" Steve continues as if he wasn't getting interrupted.

"I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!" Tony yells back at her.

"-ld be yelling." Steve finally finishes his sentence without more interruptions. Steve then realizes what Kira said and looks in her direction. "Language," he says in his disappointed voice, which earns laughs from Kira, Tony, Clint, Natasha, and even a small smile, if you can even call it that, from Bucky.

"Really Buck?" Steve asks his best friend, trying his best to not laugh. Bucky just shakes his head at him and gets up from his place spectating on couch and walks over to the kitchen, where he gets himself a glass of water.

"So what do you really think?" Natasha asks from behind him. He turns around and looks at Natasha not knowing what she's talking about at the moment.

"What?" He asks, slightly confused.

"River." Is all Natasha has to say and Bucky know exactly what she wants to talk about.

"What about River?" He asks, playfully dumb.

"Is she really dead, or is she faking it?" Natasha asks no leaning against the counter opposite of Bucky.

"I doubt she would fake her death and leave those two." Bucky states while nodding his head in the direction of the group, specifically at John and Luca.

"So either she's really dead, or-" she gets cut off by Bucky speaking up.

"-or she's in trouble." He finishes her sentence.

———River's P.O.V.———

"How are you, really?" Maggie asks me. I turn to look at her while taking my mask off.

"It was just another mission." I say showing little emotion. Being in Hydra alway either did one of the two things, make me emotionless, or almost emotionless. Today was an almost emotionless day.