Chapter 12

I look up to see a quinjet landing not to far from where I was with the small twins. After I gather the twins, the little boy on my back and the girl on my hip, I make my way over. Before I reach the quinjet two people come out and immediately make their way over to me. They take the two kids and start walking beside me.

"Hey Riv," Clint says, " how've you been?" He asks.

"Fine," I say, "did you bring the twins?" He points up at the quinjet as I see two figures come out. It was Pietro and Wanda.

"They were very excited to know that there were twins in the Avengers." In say to Clint and Tony.

"Are those the Avengers twins!" The little girl in Tony's arms asks.

"They sure are!" Clint says from the other side of me.

After getting the twins settled with the other twins on the quinjet, Tony called Bruce to see if he could check on them before they went back to their families.

———Time Skip———

Once we made it back to Barton's farmhouse and the twins got checked out by Bruce. I try to stay in the shadows with Luca and John, finally being able to catch up with them after a while.

"So you're Russian?" John asks excitedly.

"Among many other things, yes." I say unimpressed.

"Wow!" He exclaims. I look at him with a smile etched on my face. I put my hand on his shoulder and look him in the eyes.

"How much ice cream have you had since you last saw me?" I asks very seriously.

"Not near enough." He replies jokingly serious.

"We need to fix this" I say looking at him then turning my head to find Clint in the couch with two other, but I couldn't make out the other two with their back turned to me. I walked over to the couch and stood in front of Clint.

"Do you have ice cream?" I ask him. He looks at me funny before responding.

"I didn't think you were the type to eat ice cream." He says more like a question than a statement.

"It's not for her idiot, it's for me!" John shouts from behind them.

"John that's not a nice word, but since it is Clint, I'll let it slide." I say to John while looking at Clint, shooting him one of my smirks. Clint's mouth opens and shuts a few times before getting up and walking over to the kitchen. He gets the ice cream out and makes a bowl for John and Luca, who said he also wanted some. After they had finished their bowls of ice cream Pietro and Kira walked in. Once Pietro saw the now empty bowls that once had ice cream he pouted.

"I want ice cream too Clint!" He directed towards the man now on the couch again.

"No! Get over yourself!" Clint shouts back.

Just as Pietro was opening his mouth to say something else Bruce walked into the room. He looked at the situations that was just happening, smiles, then turns to look at me.

"The kids want to say bye to you. They're in here." He says looking at the door he just came out of. I nodded to him as I walked into the room and saw the two kids sitting on the table. After I said bye to the kids and gave them a hug each, I left the room and made my way back to the rest of the group.

"Out of everyone you could have called, why me?" I heard a voice come from behind me. I turned to see Tony Stark standing there with his arms crossed, and his face scrunched up with confusion.

"I knew you would answer," I said turning to look at him, "I also knew you would be able to track my location." I finished.

"Nat could have tracked your location." He said looking at me.

"I don't trust her as much as I trust you. And she wouldn't have brought the Maximoff's." I say then turn to watch the game on the TV.

———Time Skip———

Third Person P.O.V.

"Oh you're such a FUCKING CHEATER!" Kira yells at Clint. Clint looks at her taken aback.

"I WILL RIP YOU APART WITH MY FUCKING BARE HANDS YOU BASTARD!" Kira yells once again directed towards Clint.

"Ok, I think we need to calm down," Steve says from the corner, "this is just a game." he finishes, putting an emphasis on 'just'.
"Said my mother!" Kira said, putting emphasis on 'mother'.

"Kira." Steve tried to reason with her.

"YOU," Kira says pointing at Tony, "DESERVE THE MOST HORRIBLE DEATH I CAN MAKE UP IN MY MIND!" Tony gapes at Kira like he didn't do anything knowing full well he cheated at uno.

"AND I AM VERY CREATIVE WHEN IT COMES TO VIOLENCE!" Kira finished her threat. Tony steps away from the table with the uno cards on it and forfeits playing.

"Kira, calm down." Pietro says to her calmly.

I stand in the corner of the room watching over the interaction between the uno players, while finishing up my background checks on the team. I have two left, Romanoff and Barnes. I know Romanoff's history is a touchy subject for her which is why I need to know about it. And Barnes, I know just about nothing about his past. All I know is that he's just as old as Rogers.

Turns out Natasha Romanoff isn't her real name, it's Natalia Romanova. She also has a sister, not by blood, whom she was separated from when sent back to the Red Room. There was also a lot of information on how she became a Shield agent, and how Clint was sent to kill her.

Then there is Barnes. It says that he was in Hydra, didn't know that, and that he is The Winter Soldier. And he's old. Very old.  It back to the being in Hydra part. He was one of there greatest 'assets' as they like call their subjects. I do kind of remember hearing about him at Hydra. Only rumors. I look up at him standing in the corner talking to Steve about the game of uno and the violent threats coming from it. I then focus back on the game of uno.

"Steve doesn't like that kind of talk." Natasha says teasingly towards Steve.

"You know what Romanoff."

Hey my peeps!

I would just like to say thank you for reading all of you who have actually made it this far, and sorry for the late updates and shorter chapter today I'll try to get back on top of things.

Also buckysdaughter678 is now also the actual editor of this story, and also still helping here and there to write some chapters so thank you so much!

Don't forget to comment on any remaining spelling mistakes or grammatical errors. Also please comment if you would like River to have a love interest, and if yes, who? And should there be a second book? Should this be a series? Should River take a self-destructive route?

See ya, later my peeps!

Word count-1079
Word count does not include A/N at the end of the story.