Chapter 17

'-shot at me and-" I cut myself off. Roche wasn't here, he must've heard them coming in and rushed out. They must not know about him then.

"You shot him?" Stark asks, although it was more of a statement.

"Yes."

"I think we need to see Fury." Stark says, no one disagrees. I know why we were going to go see him, I didn't want to jump to conclusions. Although if I were to jump to them, I wouldn't care if I had to kill all the team members in here, other than Luca and John, of course. Why they brought Luca and John, the two kids without any fighting experience, I will never understand.

Once we arrive at the Avengers Tower, how clique of them, I was escorted out. They didn't have to say they were escorting me out, with Romanoff on one side and Barnes on the other it was hard to hide the fact. When we were inside John, Luca, and Kira were told to go get a snack from the kitchen. Whilst they were eating I was taken by the remaining adults to an interrogation room. Fit with the grey walls, terrible lighting, and the one way mirror. It reminds me of the first time I was here. Nothing has changed in here. After maybe an hour, Nick Fury walks in, file in hand.

"I think you know how this works, so no need to get you used to it." He starts while opening the file on the table in front of me, which has been replaced, I can tell by the slight change of color. "Are you still working with Hydra?" He asks after a few silent moments. I decided to answer just to have the situation more.

"If I was, do you really think I would be here right now?" I ask. It clearly catches him off guard, I know this because I saw his eye twitch and it had an almost surprised look, which he masked pretty much immediately.

I smirked slightly, I know I'm getting out of this, one way or another. But he doesn't think I can, which gives me an advantage, that for some reason I decided to not use.

"I don't think we would be able to tell either way. You did admit that you shot someone on the quinjet." Fury says, I can tell he knows this is going to be a difficult interrogation.

"I did. And I wasn't lying." I start, "Agent Ethan Grover was his name, father was Elijah Grover a high up in Hydra. I do not regret shooting him. It was bound to happen." I finish.

"Oh yes, right." The look on his face is almost smug as he speaks, "you've killed his entire family at this point, including him." He says. He goes to continue but I speak first.

"I didn't kill his mother nor his sister." I state.

"Yes. You did." He starts. "Even if it was your brainwashed state that did, you still killed them. It was still you." After he says this I know there is more going on here.

I was never brainwashed. But Barnes was. How have me and Barnes been mixed up? It's not like we're related, or knew each other in Hydra. By the time I was doing most of my missions he had already gotten out. We don't even get along that well.

I hide all of my confusion and stare with a blank face, until I look at Fury in the eye, and slowly raise my eyebrows. A small smirk appearing on my lips. He looks confused for a second until he turns around and looks at the camera. He fucked up. And he knows it now. He stands and leaves taking the file with him. For someone so secretive, and trained to not show emotion through body language facial expressions, he was quiet easy to read. Or that could be my training coming in play.