Chapter 30

It takes River a while to find who she is looking for but after a few hours, she ends up finding the person she was looking for exiting a coffee shop with someone else, a woman. She knew who the woman was. Okoye, head of the Dora Milaje.

River followed them for about 2 blocks until the two in front of her turned into an alley way that wasn't too small. While Okoye turned around the other one kept walking.

"Who are you?" Okoye asks River.

After some debating in Rivers head she responds with, "Someone who needs help."

"Help with what?" Okoye asks for clarification.

"That only concerns the princess."

At this Okoye straightens her back, not sure whether River is a threat or not. Shuri turns around to watch the scene that is unfolding once she's hears that it has something to do with her.

"You have no business with the princess, unless you have business with me."

"Then by all means,  you can join."

"What do you need?" Okoye asks, prepared for a fight if needed.

"I don't want a fight, I simply want help."

"With what?" Shuri asks from her spot a few feet away.

Now that Shuri was involved with the conversation, River shifts the direction of her words towards Shuri.

"Fix it, please." River says her eyes looking into Shuri's.

"Fix what?" Shuri asks confused.

"Me." River responds with.

After Shuri gives a confused look, River says, "I want me back."

"How do you know that I can 'fix' you?" Shuri asks, putting air quotes around 'fix'.

"You fixed him." River answers.

"Fixed who?"  Shuri realizes who you're talking about. ".......Barnes?" She asks after a few moments of silence.

"Yes." River replies.

"Shuri." Okoye warns.

"It's ok Okoye. She knows Barnes." Shuri tells her. She then turns to River and asks, "You do know Barnes, right?"

"Yes." River shrugs as she says it.

"Very reassuring." Shuri mutters under her breath.

———Time Skip———

Once they arrived at Wakanda, Shuri told Okoye to show River to where she would be staying for a while. As River was being shown her quarters Shuri was preparing what she would need for what would be a long healing journey for River to get through.

River was told by Okoye that in the morning she was to come to Shuri's lab but for then night should rest up. Deciding she really didn't have anything else to do, River went to bed, lying there listening to the nature outside of her 'hut'.

Although the sounds of nature right outside helped her sleep, the nightmares of what she had done still creeped it's way into her peaceful sleep, disrupting her slumber.

It's the middle of the night, 1:10, and the Widow Soldier is making her way into a house. The home of the Grover family. The Widow Soldier breaks the door in and proceeds to enter. She makers her way to the master bedroom, only seeing a woman in the bed she quietly picks her up and moves her to the kitchen and ties her down.