Chapter 9

"Damn, you really do have a Russian accent!" Luca says from the corner of the room. Everyone turns to look at him.

"Sorry, I've just never heard it before." He says while putting his hands up in a defensive motion.

"It's fine." I say while making my way over to him. "Where's John, is he ok?" I ask him.

"He's fine." Luca says.

"Ok." I say before turning around to look at the rest of the people in the room.

"I know some of you but not all, so can I get your names?" I ask everyone.

"Why don't we go around and say our names?" Clint says from the edge of the group. "I'll start. I'm Clint Barton, but you already knew that." He smiles towards me. I don't smile back, instead I train my eyes on the next person. We go through everyone.

"Steve Rogers."

"Natasha Romanoff."

"Bruce Banner."

"Tony Stark."

"Thor, God of thunder."

"Bucky Barnes." I recognized him as the one that was standing behind the Captain and Black Widow at the Hydra base.

"Wanda Maximoff."

"Or witchy hands." Pietro says pointing to his sister.
"Pietro Maximoff. AKA speedster." He says now pointing to himself.

"Kira Solokov."

"Maria Hill."

"Nick Fury." Everyone turned to see Fury and Hill standing in the corner. No one had noticed him or Hill except for Natasha, Bucky, and River.

"Nick." Natasha greeted.

"Romanoff." He greets back. He focuses his eye on me.

"Who's she?" He asks Natasha while looking at me. I glare at him. I know who he is, and I'm sure he knows who I am.

"She's the Widow Soldier. The Hydra subject we found two years ago."

"Files?" He asks the red headed women. She hands him a file labeled 'WIDOW SOLDIER 22389272'. I know that file is about me and I'm curious to know what's in there. Maybe there something about my family? Or maybe it's just some basic info that Hydra made to get the higher ups off their backs, wouldn't be surprised.

"You're not enhanced?" The man with a eye-patch asks me, now looking at me.

"No." I say staring into his eye. "Should I be?" I ask coldly. Not even trying to sound friendly.

"Just given how you fight I would have thought otherwise." He says still looking at me. I don't break eye contact until he does, looking back down at the file. He then looks back up in my direction quickly before asking me something.

"Who's the kid?" He asks me. I turn towards Luca to see him watching the conversation carefully. I then turn back towards the man known as Nick Fury.

"A friend." I tell him. He looks back down at the files then up at me.

"I didn't know you were capable of making friends." He says while handing me the file. "Or capable of standing in the enemies den, without slashing all our throats." He continued.