Spiked

Rating: PG-14

Summary: someone apparently has spiked your drink, and Loki is not happy but your care is his top priority

It was only a second right? Perhaps a few? But even in what seemed to be a short amount of time, anything could happen.. but if only he knew it was going to involve his dear, sweet Y/N, he would have never have stepped away for that phone call, that useless yet.. strange phone call that pulled him out of the club to hear better just for a man to be talking nonsense.

Loki being Loki and already having a dislike to most mortals, hung up on the man immediately when it was clear the man was not going to get a single, proper sentence in without stuttering; and yet, he didn't sense any fear behind the mans voice..

trying to shake it off, he quickly went back inside towards where he left his girlfriend, thinking nothing of it as she seemed to be resting most of her weight onto the bar with her back towards him and her mini skirt almost begging to be ripped off. Refraining.. for now, he leaned on the bar beside her with a smile on his face ''miss me darling?'' he casually said before his smile soon faded.

''like oxygen-'' Y/N giggled, looking at him with glassy eyes and her balance swayed frequently.

Loki gave a slight smile as she hiccupped every 10 seconds while his eyes glanced at her drink. It was only half full.. although Y/N wasn't much of a drinker, that amount alone wasn't enough to get her this drunk..

Loki reached out and placed a balancing hand at the base of her back to steady her, shooting the barkeep a daggered look. Had he put something in her drink? What concoction could these Midgardians have slipped her that would affect her so? His senses went on high alert as he let his gaze flick over the crowd. Was there going to be an attack? Was that why she'd been given something to make her this drunk this fast? Was drawing him away supposed to be a distraction so someone could do this to her? Was she the target or him? Or someone else...

''did you have fun on your phone call babe?'' she smiled, drawing his attention back to her as she straightened herself before she had to fall into him where he was quick to catch, holding her firmly against him in case her knees gave out again. Usually this would be quite a pleasant little flirt to hold her this close that he could feel the curves of her body against his and smell the sweetness of her skin, but under these conditions, it made him both nervous and suspicious. What was going on here?

He kept his face calm so as not to seem suspicious, a smug little smile pulling on his lips as he gently spoke to his lovely little dove. "Fun isn't the word I'd use, but you..." his voice trailed off as he examined her. It didn't help that she was rather cute when she was giggly and tipsy, "You seem to be having a ball, my dear. Did someone get you another drink while I was away? I'll admit I'd be jealous if someone was trying to woo my girlfriend away from me."

''pfft as if anyone could'' she teased and glanced down by feeling his excitement pressing into her, causing her to giggle as she pressed herself more into him, not as smoothly as it would usually go due to her off balance before she waved to her regarded drink now. ''only put it down for a second, though this man came up and got pretty close while trying to order himself a drink but seemed.. to distracted to concentrate... I turned away to ignore him before I glanced back and he was suddenly gone..'' she explained, Loki tensing as he tried piecing things together but had a rather good idea of what had gone down.

Reaching into her cleavage though, she pulled out a hotel key ''I did manage to snag this, my suspicions are usually never wrong so I figured SHIELD could do a later investigation if someone was trying to harm one of their employees- something they don't take lightly'' she laughed, knowing her organization would know what to do in situations like these.