Just the Two of Us

Request: Reader telling Loki that she doesn't want kids.

Rating: PG 

You quietly hummed to yourself as you placed another plate on the drying rack before you picked up another. How could something so simple be so blissful? Perhaps it was because you carried the fact that you married the man- no, the god you loved and was able to live the simple life you've always wanted just you two together. Its been so far a happy few months of being newlyweds and you already felt like nothing could come between you two.

Your thoughts were quickly interrupted when you felt the familiar figure behind you with slender hands running over your hips to wrap around your waist. You recognized the touch anywhere, the scent, the presence, even as he pulled you more into him where his chest was pressed to your back and your rump to his groin in a gentle embrace from behind.

''home early my love?'' you sigh in relaxation and giggle as his lips dance over your neck, making you shiver at his touch but tilt your head more to give him more access.

''I got off early for good behavior..'' Loki murmured against your skin as his hands slowly slipped under your shirt.

You closed your eyes with a smile as his finger tips glide against your skin, teasing the edges of your bra before gliding back down to rest at your stomach, his thumbs stroking pointless circles. Usually he always went for your breasts, or your ass, or.. everywhere actually, but you noticed his hands roaming and stroking your tummy especially, making you open your eyes and rest your head against his shoulder, tilting a little to be able to look at him gently ''what is it?''

Loki merely smiled and kissed your cheek as he somehow pulled you closer against him. ''oh nothing.. I was merely thinking at how you'd look holding my offspring inside you..'' he said playfully and you gave him a sheepish smile that slowly lowered to a more disappointed look. This didn't go unnoticed by Loki and he quickly released you so he could turn you around to look at him, hands resting at your hips. ''what is it darling?'' he asked, hoping you didn't take his comment as him calling you fat or anything.

You shook your head to calm down his worries on that and your eye contact faltered as you looked down. ''i.. I don't think I'm ready to have kids..''

Loki's expression changed to gentle understanding and almost chuckled as he took you in his arms. ''I don't mean right now darling, there's plenty of time to try-''

''I mean.. maybe ever..''

Loki's words stopped as there was a small silence between you two. You tried to listen to his heart beat, to see if you could tell his reaction from there rather than pulling away to see his face but you couldn't tell. You bit your lip as you tried to figure out what to say as you felt Loki rest his chin on top of your head and his grip never moved from your figure before you slowly pulled back a little to cup his face in your hands. His expression, as usual though, was hard to read but his eyes were gentle as he sighed.

''what is your reasoning my love?''

Your eyes lowered but he didn't let you as he gently used a finger to raise your chin to gaze at him and you tried to find the words. ''I just.. I don't want to say never but.. everything is just so perfect right now, just you and me and its been something we've been waiting for.. forever honestly..'' you explained, your lip quivering at the reminder.

The team.. anyone actually didn't really favor the god that attacked New York, and after some probation within the tower and "community service" by helping out with a few missions and assignments amongst SHIELD; his trust got him more leave way before you both decided to tie the knot after all those months of being together- you being the one to have to babysit him during it all. You fell in love with your "assignment" basically, making your job position high at risk considering it was against protocol but you were to valued to be let go. So, towards pretty much everyone's dismay, you were able to marry and forever keep an eye on him with a ring on it.

''I know babies are cute and fun and all but.. we'd have to say goodbye to a lot of.. this-'' you motioned to how the both of you were holding each other ''so we'd be able to afford to care for it, meaning we'd be tired and working a lot and.. we'd barely get a moment with just us..'' you said in almost a ramble before you pulled away from him and looked away, wiping tears you brought forth.

Was it selfish? Denying something he might really want for your own needs and happiness? Disappointing him? he might want to leave to be with some other chick that could bare his children.. just the thought of him leaving made your tears come out even more.

Loki quickly turned you around and wrapped his arms around you tightly, letting you bury your face in his chest as you let the tears shed and your body quiver as his hand gently stroked your hair and him gently shushing you.

''stop thinking that darling, I'm not going to leave you merely because you don't want to have children.'' He reassured in a gentle voice and you figured he might have peaked into your thoughts. ''it would be nice to have children and I don't doubt that you would be a wonderful mother no matter what, but I am also happy with how things are now. If you not wanting kids is going to be the thing that changes things for us, then I don't want them either if that means I'll be losing you forever. I love you darling, and I made a promise to make you happy and that is what I intend to do.'' He said gently, his voice soft and understanding as he tilted back to wipe your tears while you look up at him timidly.

''but.. I want to make you happy too..''

''you do love, especially once this ring got on my finger, I got everything I could ever want.'' He smiled and pressed his lips against yours where you didn't hesitate to kiss him back. He kissed with love, as did you and he only pulled away when he felt more tears fall to your cheeks but you smiled and shook your head.

''happy tears.'' You reassured him and pulled him back into a kiss. ''I'm not saying the door is closed forever my love, but right now I like it being just the two of us.'' You whispered as you nuzzled into him where he held you before his lips found your neck again and his fingers fell to grip the ends of your shirt.

''I do to darling.'' He purred and in one swift motion, the shirt was up and off.