World cup final

Jordan's pov
I wake up on the day of the World Cup final, felling nervous but excited, we're playing the USA . I realise Leah isint here, I hear banging on the door, I open it to see Ella, she says " Leah's in our room you better come she had some bad news overnight". I run there with Ella , and see Leah in tears, I get to her level , hug her and say " what's happened babe?"? She says through tears "I was supposed , to tell you after the final but your mum called me last night, your grandad, passed away, she's caught a flight this morning, your dad will still be there, and the family want you to Cary on, I'm going to need you to be brave". I sink my head into Leah's arms and cry, serena comes in and says " what's happened". Alessia explained to her what's going on, serena hugs me and says " Jordan I'm so Sorry, this gives us more motivation to win it for him and if you don't want to play I understand". I say "no he would've wanted me to play so that's what I'm going to do, I'm going to make him proud".

Leah's pov
Starting x1
Mary earps
Lucy bronze
Leah Williamson ( VC will lift the trophy with the captain if they win)
Millie bright
Alex greenwood
Keira Walsh
Jordan nobbs (C)
Ella toone
Beth mead
Alessia Russo
Chloe Kelly

The game is about to kick off, I'm so proud of jords for playing and I agreed she should be made captain for today, it's her last England game. We walk out onto the pitch and the game kicks off. It's a tight first half like it always is against the USA, it's 1-1 at half time, Ella equalised for us, we go behind again i the second half but Alessia scores straight away. We have a corner in the last minute of additional time this will be our last chance. The ball goes past me, but jordan volleys it from the edge of the box and it goes into the top right hand corner. We al go mental I'm first to her, I can't. Eli eve my baby just won us the World Cup. We lift the trophy together,do our interview together and celebrate with the rest of the team. Later we're in our room, I see Jordan silently crying, I get under the covers, kiss her head amd say " I know how much he meant to you but he'd be so proud of what you achieved today and I'm with you evrey step of the way, why don't we go on holiday after the funeral it will cheat you up ". She kisses me and says " thank you so much babe, you've been amazing today and a holiday sounds ideal after the funeral".