Catcalls & Catwalks

Maddison's POV:

The moment I stepped into the bar, a group of young men were drinking and chatting in the corner of the entrance. As all eyes fell on me, once I walked by.

 "Damn girl, did you get back from a cat walk? because MEOW!" one of the men yelled my way, as I tried to hold back a laugh. Within seconds, the men around the black haired, muscular man, holding a red bull, started audibly barking at me. As a blonde haired man, who had his back towards me, told them to stop. I forced a smile, and shook my head, to try to comprehend the idiocy that I was witnessing. 

 I removed my stockings, and tossed them in the garbage on the way in here. So at least I didn't  come into the bar looking like a compete mess. Luckily, I had some spare shoes in my car, my sneakers, I pack with me when I take hot girl walks around my apartment complex. 

I pushed open the doors to the entrance of the bar, as I headed towards the restrooms to freshen up. The thought of that guy's cheesy pick up line was still keeping me on the brink of laughter. But I reminded myself that I get cat called and thrown compliments all the time, so this isn't new. This one just happened to be the cheesiest and most hilarious one yet. 

I hadn't gotten the chance to freshen up before I entered the bar, I was too busy having a mid life crisis in the driver's seat of my car. And the last thing on my mind was looking presentable, when all I wanted to do was drown myself into a tsunami of alcohol. 

Perhaps I could drink my way out of it. 

But since, someone just felt the need to throw me a pick up line, and bark at me like a dog. maybe I didn't look so bad. Regardless, I checked my mascara in the mirror of the women's restroom, and fluffed the visible waves in my hair. My blue eyes, were still a little bit red from crying so much, but I took a few more deep breaths. Contemplating giving my self a pep talk to pull myself together, but no.. I was Maddison Manson, I didn't need a pep talk. It's called suck it up girl, you got yourself in this situation. 

It is your responsibility to get yourself out. 

I applied some more red lipstick to my lips, puckering them a little bit in the mirror. Assuming that if I looked a little better, I would get my confidence back. Once I took a seat at the bar, grabbing a stool towards the front. The bartender makes his way over to me, giving me a second look, after I order two shots and a vodka. 

"Don't even think about it" I said, so not having the appetite to digest another pick up line right now. As he gave me a sly smile, nodding. 

I never wanted to sleep with Tim, mostly because doing so results in to emotions. And I didn't want to feel like him and I were falling into the stepping stones of a relationship. After all, the man is married. Me on the other hand, I'm not ready for a commitment yet. Not until I know the person I am with, is someone I want to spend the rest of my life with. 

Dating, In my opinion, never really meant you were in a relationship, it just meant you were seeing someone. I never understood, how people nowadays didn't understand that. Once my vodka and shots were placed in front of me, I was trying to come off as celebrating instead of hosting a pity party for myself. 

"Those guys over there sent some drinks, on the house" the bartender says, as I was too lazy to ask for the man's name.

 I frowned though, looking behind me, as he points them out. It was the same group of dogs that were howling for me earlier, I laughed, rolling my eyes, as I turned to face the counter. I found myself wondering why I never came here more often, since I'm already getting free drinks, and I've barely even walked in the door. Maybe because any other day, I would politely say "no thank you" and never step foot into a place like this again.