Jealous Of The Truth

Maddison's POV:

A few check ups later, Hayden and I received a due date for our daughter. And I felt like I was going to pop literally any minute now. I was staring at myself in the mirror, trying to admire and take in every new curve and weight gain I was witnessing and experiencing. It was difficult to do so now that my ankles were huge and my stomach felt like there was a bowling ball inside of it. My daughter was literally sucking the life out me, and it showed on the outside of my body. 

I groaned, holding in my stomach in the mirror, as I was wearing a shirt that was barely covering my stomach all the way, and revealed a bit of cleavage. That was the plus side of this, my boobs were knockers now. My shirt was blue, matching my eye color, as I tied my hair up into a messy bun with a few fly away bangs. I still felt pretty, I just looked huge. And I felt huge. My god. 

I saw Hayden walk through the doorway behind me within the mirror, as I sighed. Placing my hands on my back to give me more support of carrying this giant belly. 

"This physically sucks. Why did you have to make me look like a cow?" I complained to him, as he laughed. Walking over to me, and hugging my stomach from behind, which takes my breath away. 

He whispers into my ear, "even pregnant, you're still the most beautiful woman. If anything, you're glowing." And I'm already giggling like a school girl and smiling a little too big.

 I then feel Hayden flinch when our daughter kicks in my stomach, as he jerks backward from the sudden movement. Another laugh leaves my mouth, as I turn to face him. 

"It's okay, she just wants to say hi" I said, taking his hand and placing it back on my stomach. 

Hayden looks at me wide eyed, as our daughter kicks again. It was such a weird sensation to experience, but every time she kicked it made me feel even closer to her. My mother might have passed, but my daughter has always been with me. It's strange, I feel like I've known her all my life. So many people always say I can't wait to meet you, when they're about to have children. But I can't wait to hold my heart, my whole life, and my entire world  in my actual hands. 

I stare at Hayden gazing at my stomach in wonder, as he meets my eyes with tears welling up in his. And my heart swells. 

"Are you crying?" I asked, as he chuckled, wiping his eyes. 

"Shut up" he says, making me laugh.

 "I just never thought I could love something so much and I have never even met her.. it's terrifying." he said, as I nod. I can understand that feeling, but it's deeper for me. 

I place my hand over his, which was resting on my stomach, "I know the feeling" I say, as he grins at me. And within this moment, I can feel it. How much of a desire I have to kiss this man. And as his eyes fall to my lips, and I can sense he feels the same way. My heart rate was quickening with the temperature rising in the room. But before anything could happen between us, I take a step back from him. 

Putting enough space between us, so I can breathe again and clear my throat, which instantly breaks the tension. I sit down on the bed behind me, staring at the ceiling. 

Hayden takes a minute, before sitting next to me. 

"We haven't talked baby names" he says, laying next to me. 

I smirk, staring at the ceiling. 

"You're sister's name was Mira.. right?" I asked, as he looks at me. 

"Yes" he says, but I don't reciprocate his glance, I just nod. 

"I like that name.. I also like the name miracle. Cause that's what she feels like to me. But that sounds more like a middle name to me." I said, as he smiles.