Forgetfulness Is A Bitter Pill

Maddison's POV:

I spent the last thirty minutes pacing in front of my friends, as everything in me was hesitant to break the news to Hayden of all people. 

"What if he tells me to get an abortion?" I asked, tucking my hair behind my ears and placing my hands on my hips, as I walked back and forth. 

"He's not!" Melody said, "and if he does, and that's not what you want, we'll kick his ass!" Sam said, as she high fives Laurie. 

"Especially if he forces you or gaslights you into getting one. It's your body Maddie, your choice" Loren said, as I nodded. Sure I knew all of this, but I was terrified of his reaction when it came to him hearing the truth. 

Did he know who I was when we met at the bar? or did he forget just like I did? 

"For Christ sake Maddie, just call him already!" Sam said, as my heart was racing and my palms were so sweaty, I could barely hold onto my cell in my hands.

 "You dial the number" I said, throwing the phone at Sam as she catches it and shakes her head. 

"Fine, we'll give you a head start" Laurie said, dialing his number as she placed the phone on speaker, and I nervously listened to the call sound. 

"It's ringing.." Melody said, as I literally felt like another panic attack was coming on. After a few more seconds of a call sound, I was hoping I could leave a voicemail. That sounded a lot less nerve-racking then speaking with him on the phone. But before a wave of relief could wash over me, he answered the phone. 

"Hello?" he asked, and it was like my whole world shifted. Suddenly the baritone sexy voice that I was falling in love with that night, and couldn't get enough of was transitioning into the voice from my nightmares. 

I could never think of that night the same way again. 

Sam tosses me the phone, as the rest of my friends gather around me, to hear the conversation. 

"Uh.. Hey, it's um.. it's the stranger you hooked up with from the bar a couple weeks ago." I said, slightly cringing cause I didn't want to give him my name yet or call him out for possibly using me. Melody muffles a laugh and Loren shoves her. 

"Um.. oh right! hey.. what's up? how you did get my number?" he asked, as I heard him chuckle on the line. Anger started to boil within me, as I recognized him laughing at me the same way when we were kids. 

Focus Maddison. 

"It's a long story, and I want to tell you everything in person. Can you meet me at Enzo's near downtown Manhattan? this is really important." I said, as there was silence. 

"Is everything okay? you know we agreed not to do anything like this.. just sex and then never see each other again. So, why are you choosing to break the rules now?" he asked, as I sighed, pulling the phone away from my mouth, so he couldn't hear it. 

"I just need to see you again, and this can't be said over the phone. I know what we agreed on, but can you please just do this for me? it'll just be a one time thing." I said, not entirely sure if that's true but I needed to get him to that restaurant. 

"Yeah sure.. okay. What time?" he asked, 

"um.. three o clock" I said, looking at the time on Laurie's phone next to me. 

"Alright, I'll try to be there. It's nice to hear your voice again, sexy stranger girl from the bar. See you in a few" he said, and before I could gag, the call ended.

 The girls screamed, and tackled me with hugs on the couch, as I tried to catch my breath. 

"Oh my gosh, what are you gonna wear?" Melody asked,