Chapter 8 - Every Road Has Its Bumps

TW! Light smut

Y/N POV

The next morning

The sun was shining through the break in the curtains. Amelia is snuggled up in my arms, her head buried in my chest. I slowly wake up, opening my eyes, smiling down at her, just admiring her whilst she sleeps. She looks so peaceful. I don't want to wake her up or even go to work. I want this to last forever. I hold her close, not wanting to let go. She stirred in her sleep and looked up at me, gradually opening her eyes.

"Good morning beautiful" I smile at her

"Good morning to you too. How long have you been awake?"

"Not long, about 10 minutes. Did you sleep well?"

"I slept pretty well, how about you?"

"I slept well. Better than I have been recently anyway. Apart from my nap in the on-call room yesterday"

"I enjoyed that. I really did miss you when I woke up and you weren't there with me still"

"I'm sorry I left, I had to check on my patient. I got paged for his neuro check up"

"It's ok, I understand. We work in the same department, I get the routine that we have to go through"

"You still thinking about having a games night this Friday?"

"I am yes, you still wanting to come along?"

"I am, I can't wait to spend time with you. I love being around you and just cuddling"

"I want to spend time with you too. I hate being away from you. Do we have to go to work today, can't we just stay in bed and cuddle all day?"

"Yes, we have to work. We have that surgery this morning. Oh shit, we need to get dressed, the surgery is in 3 hours. Get up"

"Ok ok, I'm getting up. Do you have any clothes that I could borrow to go to work in? I'll give them back... Maybe"

"Yeah, just have a look through my wardrobe and pick anything you want out, but I want them back. Just cause we are together doesn't mean that you get to steal my clothes all the time" I smile at her as I get out of bed and start getting dressed.

"Yes it does, I get to steal all of your hoodies especially. But thank you, I will, maybe, give you your clothes back"

"You better give them back or I may steal some of your hoodies instead"

"Would you though? Everyone knows what I wear so it may give it away at work when you are wearing my clothes to and from work"

"Who said I would be wearing them to work? Maybe I would wear them when we are out on dates. I never said I wouldn't wear them to work. I want to always be near you somehow when we can't be together. It will keep me close to you when I can't be. Especially when I am at home without you"

"You are so cute, you know that right?"

"I wouldn't say cute, but yes, I know that I have good looks"

"Take the compliment or I won't get dressed"

"Don't threaten me with a good time"

"I didn't say I would get undressed, just that I wouldn't get dressed into normal clothes. But if you want a good time, come back to bed"

"We need to get to the hospital and prep for surgery. You know we do"

Amelia stands up off the bed, walking over to me and gently grabs my shoulder, turning me around and her hand glides softly down my arm, taking my hand and pulling me back to the bed