Interview with the Author

As promised, here are the top questions recieved from Wattpadders during the interview competition I posted about a few months ago. And yet, these questions are published in the back of the physical paperback and ebook versions. Thanks guys!

INTERVIEW WITH THE AUTHOR

Questions from Wattpad fans

WHAT WAS THE ORIGINAL PLOT OF THE ROUGE SERIES? - crazycookieheart

Originally, the second, third and fourth chapter of Rouge (about Liz and Joshua) did not exist. I felt like their story ended too quickly and I needed to open up their world a little more. Embers & Ice change a lot as well. ICE used to be an institution like Professor X's school for the gifted, run by Dr. Rosenthal. The kids used to go to classes (yep, Math included). But I felt it too similar to X-men, so I re-invented it the classic way and turned ICE into a horror show.

WHAT EFFECT DID THE SERIES HAVE ON YOU AS A PERSON? – BookMagic09

It's been a huge part of my life for the last three years. I've certainly grown as a writer, and it's pushed me to open my eyes to what's out there for writers. I don't think I'd ever have gotten this far if I hid behind my story. It's also been my escape from the struggles of daily life. I often lived through Hunter, comparing my circumstances to hers, and it helped me realize that I could be way worse off than I am. Hunter's growth is very similar to mine. How she matured, learned to be grateful for what she had and stepped up as a leader and a role model. A hero.

DO YOUR CHARACTERS REPRESENT ASPECTS OF PEOPLE YOU KNOW? – greencat1999

Actually, not really. It's more situations that are representative of my life. I wrote Embers & Ice while I was living in Canada over the winter. There are parts of Will and Hunter's relationship that reflect circumstances I found myself in. Hunter is certainly deeply ingrained in my mind. The parental aspect between her and Joshua is also representative of my own relationship with my parents in some ways, but I try not to draw too much from my real life, otherwise it's not an escape for me.

ARE THERE ANY OTHER INSTALLMENTS WITH SUPERHEROES IN THEM? – sawantrachana

At the moment, I want to take a break from the series to write about something else. But I know I will never let go of this story, and I have plans to perhaps write a spin-off with other characters like Marcus or Zac.

IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE POWER, WHAT WOULD IT BE? - african_queen_454

I think I'd take Chantal's power, because it would make life so much easier. Or Ryo's power. To go back in time has always been a dream of mine, and I often find myself wishing there was more time in the day to write.

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CHAPTER AND/OR SECTION OF CONSUMING FIRE? WHAT WAS MOST FUN TO WRITE? – Hylla_Ramirez_

My favorite moments are always the epic ones. I loved writing the scene with Hunter, Jack, Jet and Mikayla at the White House. It was iconic for Hunter, and her connection with Jack is so strong that she pulled him out of the darkness. The moments between she and Joshua were particularly special, and I enjoyed watching their relationship grow. I also loved writing the scenes between she and Will, and the rollercoaster they go through before they finally admit they're perfect for each other and in love. I like the funny moments too, especially the ones with Zac. There's just so much I enjoy about writing this series.

HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE YOU TO WRITE A CHAPTER? - DragonPop

That depends on how much of the chapter is already in my head. If I get into a zone, it can take me an hour. Sometimes, though, I get stuck and spend days on one chapter. I usually force myself to finish the chapter if I can, even if it's horrible, so that I can pick up on a fresh page the next time I sit down to write.

WHO WAS YOUR BIGGEST INSPIRATION? - olivianorcutt

Easy. Hands down, J.K Rowling. If I'm stuck for inspiration, I watch the documentary Magic Beyond Words. That moment when her sister says, "If this is what you want to do, do it. Write. What have you got to lose?" always makes me jump from my seat and straight onto my laptop.

HOW DO YOU STAY SO INSPIRED AND DEDICATED TO A STORY THAT YOU JUST CAN'T STOP WRITING? - nyx_the_great

I suppose the only way to describe it is an addiction. It's just something I have to keep working on. And I love going back over what I've written – it inspires me to keep writing more when I read the story so far, and in my head I get ideas about what will come next and then the story continues. It's habit. Besides, I can't start something and not finish it. I want to know how it ends.

Consuming FireOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara