Chapter 1

My beloved readers, I wanna thank each and every one of you who have read Twisted. All your votes and comments meant so much to me! So many of you asked me to write book 2 and here we are... at the start of another journey together. I sincerely hope that you're gonna love AWAKENED just as much as TWISTED if not more! You already know how much your votes and comments mean to me... so please, don't hesitate! Good or bad, I read every single comment.

For those who haven't read Twisted (book 1) yet, please go back and read it before reading Awakened (book 2) otherwise you'll be lost.

This is the first version of the book, so, there will be mistakes. I will edit it later on as I did for Twisted but please bear with me for the time being. 

I'll try to publish one chapter every few days to not keep you waiting anymore...

For now, this is it! Happy Reading! and... LARS AND KIARA FOREVER!!! <3

No part of this book may be reproduced in any form without permission in writing from the author.

This book is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents are either products of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales is purely coincidental.

ADULT CONTENT: This book is recommended for mature audiences only. It may contain strong language, violence, and explicit sex scenes. VIEWER'S DISCRETION IS ADVISED

All rights reserved.

Copyright © 2023 KODACHI

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 months after the coronation

I look at him in his tux and my heart clenches inside my chest. I still cannot believe that his man- this impossibly gorgeous, breathtaking man is mine...

We are at our engagement party and everyone is having fun. I can see Clara and the maids enjoying their drinks, smiling and laughing. His parents are sitting and bantering with the other kings, Luke, Christian, and Adrian. His guards are rocking the dance floor and he... he is looking at me with a smile on his face. The same smile he had when we first made love at the bungalow, which is now our official home.

He still makes me nervous no matter how close we've gotten. He still makes my heart race. He still makes me weak in the knees. I look down, flushing.

He walks to me and bows, extending his arm, "May I have this dance?" he asks and I flush even more.

I nod with a huge smile on my face. I take his hand and we go to the dancefloor. The guards stop dancing and move to the sides. I bite my lower lip, nervous.

He lifts our hand up to shoulder level and intertwines our fingers together and slowly moves his free arm to my waist and pulls my body to his while looking into my eyes. My breaths are loud and quick. I can't explain what I feel for him. It's more than love... So much more. My heart aches for him. Breaks for him. Yearns for him...

He doesn't feel like a separate individual from me anymore. He completes me. He is me... I don't have to pretend in any way in front of him. He knows everything about me; my bad manners, my goofiness, my stupidity, my temper when I'm on my period, and my bad, evil thoughts, and.. he still loves me. And I love him... It's impossible to think of life without him...

The song Dandelion starts to play and we start dancing... slowly... leisurely... absorbed in each other... Completely oblivious to the people around us. I would never dance in front of an audience but with him by my side, I can do anything. He is my courage, my fearlessness, my backbone...