29.

•Chapter Twenty-Nine•

•Lane•

After me and Rafe ate, we walked around a bit to just let me savor the few hours I had left before I had to go back to the hospital. We were now headed to the beach, Topper and Sarah were bringing the alcohol and coming together.

Me and Rafe soon arrived and it was about four in the afternoon, still light out but the water was calm and the sun wasn't as bright as it would be on the daily.

We walked, hand in hand, down the shoreline in silence, just enjoying the smell of the beach and the sand beneath our feet.

"I love the beach but I'd never have a wedding here" I stated, looking out into the water. "Why?" I heard him ask.

"Because the sand would get everywhere, seagulls would crowd around and try and steal things as well as their poop smells like total shit, there's trash scattered in some places and the sun would burn me in my dress" I said and he chuckled.

"I agree, I'd like to have one in a barn or a proper venue" He smiled as he stared straight ahead. "I love barn weddings, they're really pretty if you have the right colors in your theme" I agreed and he hummed.

"When we plan our wedding, what colors would you want?" He asked and I smiled, our wedding.

"Either Browns, Champagnes, Beiges, and like a light burnt Orange or Emeralds, Blacks, Beiges and dark Browns. I like boho theme too though" I smiled as I thought about the color themes. "You?" I asked.

"Whatever you like, I like" He said and smiled down at me. I winked at him and kept walking, leaning my head against his bicep and sighing in content.

"The party has arrived" Sarah's voice called out as we heard a car door shut. We both looked up to the parking lot and we saw Topper and Sarah both grinning as they walked down to us. Sarah held a huge bottle of what I could only imagine to be vodka.

I adverted my eyes to Topper who was already staring at me and I smiled, hoping that he was doing better, which he looked like it but I couldn't be too sure. He smiled back and started running over to us, more to me and when he reached me, he embraced me into a hug.

"How are you? Are you okay? Do you feel alright?" He asked all in a rush as his cheek rested against mine, his arms around my waist. I giggled and hugged him back, staying like that until he backed away.

"Yeah, I feel a lot better. I think I should be asking you that, though. How are you doing and don't lie to me" I said through a stern gaze.

"I'm alright, we'll talk about it later, let's just have fun" He smiled and I sighed but agreed.

"LANEY" Sarah shouted, engulfing me into a hug, being mindful of my ribs and arms though. "SARAH" I shouted back with a huge smile on my face.

"I miss you so much, I know I haven't been talking to you like a best friend should and I'm sorry" She sighed into the hug. "It's okay, I know you've been busy" I smiled reassuringly and kissed her on her cheek before backing away from the hug.

"Yeah but you've been hurt and I should be there for you" She frowned. "It's okay, stop worrying and let's go have fun" I smiled and looked to the three.