Welcome to Derry

Third Person
Y/N had been raised in a city for most of her life until she started middle school. On her 10th birthday, Y/N's parents had decided that since they were homeschooling her, that it would be best if she could be in a closer knit community. So, Y/N and her mom ended up moving to a small house in Derry, Maine, while her dad moved into a smaller apartment in the city.

The day the moving truck took came, it was loud and busy. Y/N had to get everything packed up and put into the truck as quick as possible. Her mom helped since she was the one moving with her. Then a week later they left in the truck, on their way to Derry.

Once they finally pulled up to their new home, Y/N got out excited to see her new room. She hoped it was big but when she got inside and went to her room she found it to be medium sized. She smiled at it, content in its size. She then ran back down to start getting everything inside. It took both her mom and her about 2 hours to get everything in there. They looked at the house, happy that it looked nice and cozy. They then went out to a diner for dinner and then shopping for groceries and other essentials afterwards. They then came back to a boy, around Y/N's age with a plate of baked goods.

Y/N got out of the car first and went up to him, "hello," she spoke softly.

"Um.. hello," he said with a very light blush forming on his cheeks, "my grandmother noticed the moving truck earlier and wanted me to give these to you to welcome you into the neighborhood."

"Thank you," she said taking the plate, "what's your name?"

"I'm Mike. I live right over there at the farm," he said and pointed.

"Well thank you Mike. I'm Y/N," she told him.

Soon after they had parted ways due to it getting dark quickly. Y/N helped put away the groceries and then got into her coziest summer pajamas she owned and went to sleep. She was exhausted from moving but excited to see what the new town had to offer.

A/N
Hi sorry that this was quick it's after midnight and I wanted to get some backstory in before I went to bed for the night.