Day of Self Care

Y/N's POV
I woke up early so I could get a full day in since summer never lasts. Once I sat up in bed I felt a major pain in my back and torso.

"Shit," I say as I run into the bathroom to look for any pads or tampons.

I saw none when I looked in the basket we kept it in, "FUCK!"

There was nothing. Nothing. I ended up having to do that stupid toilet paper trick so I could get to the pharmacy. Once I got there I looked at everything they had.

"I don't see the ones I normally use," I whisper as I hear someone walking up. I look up and over to see a girl, my age, with red hair. She looked at the same section as I did.

We ended up looking for a while longer then grabbed the same box at the same time.

"Oh, I'm sorry," she said.

I smiled at her, "it's okay. We all need these in our life at one point. I'm Y/N, you?"

"Beverly Marsh," she smiles, "I haven't seen you around before. Are you new in town?"

"Not extremely new," I tell her, "my mom and I moved here maybe 3-ish years ago. I'm just homeschooled."

"Oh nice," she says as I grab another box and let her take the one we grabbed at the same time. We softly talk as we go towards the checkout.

"Shit, Greta," she said and pushed me to the next aisle to avoid the girl coming towards us.

The aisle we end up turning down had a group of guys of our age. We hid the boxes behind our backs because who wants to share that they're on their period with a boy?

Two of them glance at us and the one asks, "are you two okay?"

"We're fine. What's wrong with you," my new friend, Beverly, said to them.

"None of your business," the curly haired boy says.

"So helpful," I say sarcastically.

One of them with a fanny pack ends up rolling his eyes and giving the real answer, "there's a kid outside. Looked like someone killed him."

"W-We need some s-s-supplies b-but we don't h-have enough m-m-money."

I open my purse, to see how much I have, "how much do you think it would cost?"

"N-Not sure but w-w-we don't have e-enough," the one said.

"Why," the curly haired one asked.

"I have..." I count to see I have about $75 on me, "$75 on me currently."

"Why do you carry that much money around," the Fanny pack kid asked.

"I save allowance money for summer and I was planning on going places today."

They nod and give Beverly and I the items. We bring them up and the weird pharmacist starts checking us out. Beverly ends up knocking over the cigarette display and I look back to see the boy sheaf outside. I was getting the supplies bagged so I told them to head out when Beverly made a move. She ended up taking a cigarette box from the display as the guy was cleaning up the knocked over ones. He ended up bagging everything and I paid for everything. I even paid for Beverly's tampons so that she didn't have to. The cost of everything was only about $10 so I'm not worried. We walk out and meet the group of guys.

The guy we found out was named Bill tried to give me money to pay me and Bev back for helping them but I didn't mind and Beverly pulled out the cigarette pack saying they were even. I left them alone and went to the group.

"Can I have the supplies," the boy I found out who's name was Eddie asked. I smiled happily and gave them to him.

"So what happened," I asked and the one boy who was sitting down, lifted up his shirt to reveal and 'H' carved into his skin.

"What the hell? Was that Bowers?"

"Yeah," the boy said.

The other two come over as Eddie fixes up Ben.

"Are you okay? That looks like it hurts," Beverly asked Ben.

"Oh, no, I'm fine. I just fell," Ben said, clearly lying to her.

"Right into Henry Bowers," Richie ended up saying.

"Y'know Rich. Be quiet," I tell him, "Eddie needs to focus so he can wrap up the injury correctly."

"Thank you, Y/N," Eddie exclaimed.

Beverly ends up taking off after Bill told her they'd take care of him and inviting her to 'the quarry'. Richie ended up making more comments about Beverly, which he ended up getting socked in the arm for.

Richie them claps and speaks in a bad British accent, "Now, pip-pip and tally-ho, my good fellows, I do believe this chap requires our utmost attention. Get in there, Dr. K. Come on, fix him up."

I end up rolling my eyes and Eddie ends up speaking up, "Why don't you shut the fuck up, Einstein, because I know what I'm doing, and I don't want you doing the British guy with me right now."

"Suck the wound. Get in there," Richie continued, not caring about what Eddie said.

I ended up pulling him away so that Eddie could fix up Ben.

"Now Richie. No distracting Eddie when he's cleaning wounds. Also no British accent. It makes you seem like a twat," I say. We end up going back to the group, once when Ben was bandaged up.

"Thank you, Y/N, that helped me focus," Eddie told me.

"No problem. He was getting annoying," I tell him. I then turn to the group of five and smile, "well it's been fun meeting you guys but I have other things I want to do today, like play Street Fighter in the arcade and-"

"Wait so she gets to go to the arcade but I have to deal with helping patch this guy up," Richie said

"Ahem, as I was saying, and go to a diner to relax. So I will see you around," I tell them and leave. They were somewhat kind and a little odd.

I immediately go to the arcade and play a few rounds of Street Fighter and Pac-Man. I then leave and go to a video store and pick up a few movies on VHS to watch tonight. The ones I got was Ferris Bueller's Day Off, The Lost Boys, The Outsiders, and Short Circuit. I haven't watched movies in a while because my mom encourages me to go outside and also prefers that I don't watch tv during the school year. I put those tapes in the same bag I had for my tampons, so I didn't have to carry too many bags. I went to the closest diner from the video store and sat down at the bar area. I ended up getting a chocolate shake with a cheeseburger and fries. I ended up eating it all in peace and went home. My mom prefers me to be back by the street lights turn on. As I went into my room, I changed into shorts and a tank top. I then put in one of the movies and relaxed for the night.

A/N
Hi y'all! The movies I brought up in this part are some I definitely recommend, especially Short Circuit. Why? Because Number 5 is Alive! Love y'all! Peace - Oraia