Resurrection of Frieza

On Beerus' planet, a calm, tranquil aura envelopes Son Y/n as he meditates. Not far from the Earthling, Whis watched with great interest.

Whis: His power continues to blossom, this is exactly what I was hoping for.

For the last year since Beerus' arrival on Earth, Y/n had trained like this under Whis. A few months ago, Goku and Vegeta also began to train under Whis. Y/n wasn't really sure what power he was trying to master, but according to Whis, he was almost there. He needed only a push. Goku and Vegeta both gained the ability to transform into a Super Saiyan God, and then they ascended beyond God into Super Saiyan Blue.

Goku and Vegeta approach, panting lightly from their sparring match. Whis turns to them, smiling.

Whis: Your Super Saiyan Blue forms are easier to use now, yes?

Goku: Yep!

Vegeta: Obviously...

Whis: Splendid, Y/n here is almost ready to reach the power he's been training for.

Vegeta: Oh? And what is it he's shooting for?

Whis: Well, guess there's no harm in saying... Y/n is training to achieve a power known as Ultra Instinct, a power of the gods.

Goku: Ultra Instinct...? Sounds cool!

Whis: Yes, well... You and Vegeta aren't shooting for this power, not yet.

Goku: Really? Bummer...

Vegeta: You make it sound as if Y/n will be stronger than us... I find that hard to believe.

Whis: I'm not trying to make it sound any way, Vegeta. That's the truth of the matter. You two are certainly more powerful than Y/n right now, but when he awakens the power of Ultra Instinct, he will be the strongest mortal in this universe.

Vegeta: What?!

Y/n sighs in irritation before standing up.

Y/n: Whis, I know you said I'm close to reaching Ultra Instinct... But I don't feel like I am.

Whis: You just need a catalyst.

Y/n: That's vague...

Whis: I apologize, Y/n. I know you feel as if your training has amounted to nothing, but that's simply not true. You've long since surpassed what you were capable of only a year ago.

Y/n: ... Thanks.

Whis: How about you test your strength against Goku?

Y/n: A spar with Dad, huh...? This reminds me of our spar during the Cell Games.

Goku: Yeah, you surprised me back then!

Y/n: I'll try and deliver again.

With that, the two rush each other.

~ Meanwhile ~

???: Seems I have been brought back to the land of the living.

A spaceship was in a galaxy far from Earth, it belonged to Lord Frieza.

Sorbet, one of Frieza's subordinates, pipes up.

Sorbet: Y-yes, we brought you back, Lord Frieza!

Frieza, a lizard-like alien with white and purple skin, turns to his subordinate, just barely able to contain his rage.

Frieza: And it took you this long because what? I bet you only revived me for power.

Sorbet: N-no, it's not like that Lord Frieza! We tried very hard, but Earth is protected by the Saiyans and we can't find New Namek.

Frieza: I see... Give me an update on these Saiyans.

Sorbet: Y-yes, sir! We have reports saying that Son Goku has defeated Majin Buu...!

Frieza: Majin Buu?! The terror of the universe?! Are you telling me he defeated that Majin Buu?!

Sorbet: Y-yes sir!

Frieza: All my life, my father only ever warned me to never do battle against Majin Buu and Beerus the Destroyer!

Sorbet: W-well...

Frieza: Well what? Spit it out!

Sorbet: We also have reports of him battling Lord Beerus!

Frieza: Wh-what?! Majin Buu is one thing, but the God of Destruction... Lord Beerus himself?

Frieza takes a moment to think before floating up, laughing.

Frieza: Then I'll have to train in order to match that filthy monkey. Prepare yourself for the ultimate evolution, Sorbet!