Shy Girl with Untapped Potential - Enter Kale

Some time after recruiting Caulifla, Y/n watches from a distance as the Saiyans spar. However, aside from the obvious power levels of Cabba and Caulifla, Y/n could sense another power level. Y/n looks around to try to determine where the other power level was, when he suddenly spots what looked like someone peeking out from behind a large boulder.

Curious, Y/n flies over to the boulder and lifts it up before chucking it, revealing a startled girl around Caulifla's age with black hair, black eyes, and a red shirt with a matching skirt and black shorts.

Girl: Eek! What...?!

Y/n smiles at the girl and waves.

Y/n: Yo!

Girl: Er... Yo...?

Y/n: What's brought you all the way out here Red?

Girl: Red?

Y/n: You're wearing all red.

The girl glances away and twiddles her fingers.

Girl: I was just... Trying to see what happened to sis...

Y/n: Hm? Sis? Who's your sister?

Girl: Well, she's not my real sister, not biologically anyway...

Y/n: I see.

He glances over to Caulifla and Cabba.

Y/n: Caulifla... She's your sister, yeah?

The girl nods and Y/n smiles at her.

Y/n: I have an older brother and a younger brother... But we're not blood related. Their mom and dad adopted me when I was young.

He chuckles and the girl seems to lighten up a little and become less tense.

Girl: Um... My name is Kale. What's yours?

Y/n: My name is Y/n, Son Y/n.

Kale: Your last name is Son?

Y/n: Yeah, it's my Dad's last name. It's a name I adopted with pride, I always looked up to him when I was younger.

Kale: I see...

Y/n: You're a Saiyan, like Caulifla... Right?

Kale: You could tell?

Y/n: Yeah, my dad is a Saiyan. And I can tell when I sense your energy... That there's hidden layers of power just waiting to be awoken.

Kale: Y-you think so...? But I'm not all that strong. In fact, I'm... Weak.

Y/n: So? There's no shame in being weak. Everyone starts somewhere. There's only shame in staying weak.

Kale looks at the man's face, he was very casual about his statement, but he meant every single word. She couldn't explain it, she just knew that was the case.

Y/n: Kale?

Kale: Y-yes?

Y/n looks directly into her eyes, his eyes holding a mixture of determination and excitement as he looked into her eyes.

Y/n: I'm training Caulifla. I would like to train you as well.

Kale: Wh-why would you train me...?

Y/n: Because I'm interested in your hidden strength. I would really like to see just how strong you could get.

' What? That's it? Ultimately, he doesn't get anything out of this. Most people have a bigger reason than just curiosity... Why does he believe in my strength so much? It makes me feel... Happy, for some reason. Y/n... Who are you? ' Kale thinks to herself. She's snapped out of her thoughts when Y/n starts talking again.