Chapter 16

"Let's have a talk, shall we?" Ms Lisa suggested all of a sudden, catching you off guard. You looked around and saw the library was completely empty and realized why she decided to talk at this moment. You thought for a moment then nodded at her and she smiled then rested back on her chair with her arms crossed over her chest.

"So, tell me, do you have romantic feelings for Rosa?"

"I....I don't know, I'm not sure of it. Why are you asking this, ma'am?"

"Mmm....well, you could say I feel you do. But, of course, I'm just an outsider. I can interpret things wrongly."

"....Even if I did, how does it matter? She's married already, on top of being my teacher."

"Hehe~ I had a feeling you would say that.....Alright then, for a moment imagine that she wasn't married and also forget the whole teacher-student barrier. Think of her as just any other woman you crossed paths with....what do you think of her now?"

"Well, her being my teacher is a major part of our relationship. I can't really see us knowing each other if it wasn't for this but, if you say so then....P-Perhaps, I do admire her on a more personal level but I don't know if it's love."

Ms Lisa smirked, "Would you want to have a romantic relationship with her?"

You looked at her wide-eyed then averted your gaze, "Even if I did....it's not like she would. I'm just a student to her, certainly not her type. Not to mention, if she's even into women."

"Forget about her opinion and types, Y/n. I want to know your feelings and thoughts about her."

Your lips trembled and you struggled to reply, "I really don't know what to say. I don't even know what love is, I never liked anyone in my school. From what I remember, I was always the boring nerdy type; some even called me a teacher's pet because I was always the class representative then eventually a student council member too. I was likely always thinking about studies especially since I wanted to pursue this field and I don't think anyone liked me either. I'm not in contact with anybody from there, I don't even recognize half of the contacts in my phone."

Ms Lisa's expressions dropped for a moment then she gently patted your head, "There's nothing wrong in the way you are, Y/n. If anything, Rosa certainly prefers serious people like you~"

Your face reddened up then you looked down, "But it still stands that she's married and my teacher. I can never think of going beyond with her...."

Ms Lisa gritted her teeth slightly, "Damn you, Rosa....you always dig your own grave with that ring."

"A-Anyways, okay I'll accept I have a crush on her but-"

"Say, Y/n....would you like to know a secret about Rosa?"

Ms Lisa interrupted you, looking at you with a serious expression that you had rarely ever seen on her face.

"What kind of secret....?"

"About her life....and family."

"....Is it really okay for you to tell me? I mean, it is about her.....I'm not sure if she'd like this."

Ms Lisa understood you well, she knew you were right. No matter how close she and Rosalyne were, it was certainly not her place to talk about Rosalyne's personal life to someone without her consent. She smiled then giggled and nodded, "Hehe, I was just kidding~ Of course, I'm not going to betray my best friend this way. Anyways, you just accepted that you indeed have a crush on her, right?~"