Chapter 46

You had no idea what time it was but you were woken up by your mother's voice as she sat in front of you and worriedly called out your name.

"Y/n! Y/n! My darling, wake up! What happened to you?! Y/n!"

You squinted your eyes open and instinctively flinched as a sharp nerve pain ran through your head, your ears becoming numb to all sounds and your vision becoming hazy but you could make out your mother was here.

"M-Mom....? I... I'm fine.... you are already home?"

You slowly sat up but felt weakness all over your body, your mother quickly held your shoulders and caressed your face.

"You are burning up, Y/n! Why did you not tell me you have a fever?!"

"A fever....?" you touched your forehead and finally realized why you felt so weakened all this time.

"I-It's okay, it'll go away by tomorrow...." you struggled to speak, your voice was very low and your mother knew it was more serious than you showed.

"No, come with me. Lay down in your room, I'll get you medicine. Did you eat something?!"

"I.... had breakfast. What time is it....?"

"It's 5 pm, my darling! You haven't eaten since morning!"

"N-No, I-" your mother refused to hear more and immediately made you walk to your room and helped you lay down. She brought out a thermometer and put it in your mouth while she went to fetch some cold water and a towel to wipe your face. She came back carrying the things and checked the thermometer which read 101 degrees Fahrenheit.

"I knew it! Y/n, what have you been doing all day?!" your mother said with a worried gasp while wiping your face with the soaked towel.

"....I'm sorry, I was fine in the morning.... I don't know when I felt this way...."

"Anyways, just rest now. I'll make some soup for you right away then give you medicine."

"A-Aren't you back early?"

"I just came to change my clothes and I saw you passed out on the couch in such a strange position.... I got so worried. Are you sure nothing happened all day?"

You thought about the nightmare and contemplated whether to tell your mother but decided it would be bad to hide it.

"I.... I had a nightmare in the morning. I saw some memory.... I don't know for sure but it seemed like that day you got the award and met Ms Ningguang, then I briefly saw dad hurting you too...."

Your mother's eyes widened in shock and she sat still for a moment before slowly speaking, "....Why did you not tell me earlier? Do you know how crucial it is that you saw an old memory like that?!"

"I....I-I'm sorry, I didn't want to worry you.... I thought it's nothing serious."

Tears formed in your mother's eyes and she leaned down to hug you, "It's fine, just rest now. What else do you feel?"

"Headache.... lot of it, and just really hot all over...."

Your mother nodded then went to the kitchen and came back with a bowl filled with soup and made you sat up to drink some of it, you had no appetite but gulped down a few spoons of it then she handed you your medicines.

"One is for fever and headache; the other is your usual sleeping pill. Just sleep comfortably now, I'll be here, okay?"

"You... you have to go with Ms Ningguang, right?"