Chapter 17

Love was a strange thing to you; you didn't even know what it truly was- a feeling, an emotion, a state of being, a concept, a kind of reaction happening in the brain- all this and many more were the ways to define love. Your mother's explanation resonated with you deeply, you realized there were indeed a few times you had felt that way towards your teacher but your inexperience and insecurity made you label it as admiration. 

Ms Rosalyne was still quite mysterious in your eyes, you weren't blind to not notice the very obvious absence of her family, especially her husband considering you saw their photo in her bedroom and the assumed engagement ring on her finger was hard to miss. Yet, after visiting her home for so many months, more questions awoke in you than being answered. Initially, you concluded her husband could be away for work, perhaps even gone on a foreign trip.

But there were too many hints in her house that told you otherwise, the lack of necessities for a couple, the lack of vibes and aesthetics- all were hard to miss. Her husband's appearance in the photo made you think he worked for the armed forces but there was no other proof, so perhaps he was posted far away on a mission. But the most important feature was the lack of communication between them. 

Sure, she could be in contact with him behind your back but it seemed too strange that you had never heard her talk about him or to him during the day, especially since you were always there on weekends. Not to mention, if he was indeed in the armed forces then she should be living around the military area of the city as it's a facility provided to families of officers. 

You remembered she said that she lives alone which gave you the hint that there's clearly some rift between them- was it a chance for you was still unclear but at very least, there were many things you could do for her beyond the limitations of a mere student. Perhaps this was your form of love, wanting to do things for her that would make her comfortable and relaxed- no matter how small. 

"I did decide I'd try but....what am I even supposed to do now?! Should I just confess straightaway?? No no, she's still my teacher it would be so inappropriate! Oh my god, wait....SHE IS MY TEACHER!! SHIT! HOW CAN I JUST-?!"

You almost panicked realizing how unrealistic you had just set your goal to be, you were experiencing falling in love for the first time and it had to be with none other than your teacher- not to mention, the Ice Queen herself. You held your head and rolled around on your bed, internally cursing yourself for being this way then stopped and pondered calmy.

"Maybe I can talk to her...."

You firmed yourself then sat up and picked up your phone to dial Ms Lisa's number, hoping to get some kind of advice from her.

"Oh my, to what do I owe the pleasure of your phone call, Y/n? Were you missing me?~"

"....Ms Lisa, how did you know it was me? I never gave you my number...."

"Why of course I took it from Rosa some time ago. Since the two of you are always together on weekends, I figured I could call you instead of her when I have some work~"

"I-I see...."

"Hehe, so what you want to talk about? Don't tell me, are you confessing to me?~"

"Ms Lisa! Stop teasing me this way!"

"Haha~ Sorry sorry, I'll be serious now. What is it?"

"I....I wanted to talk to you about Ms Rosalyne. Are you free currently?"

Ms Lisa's eyes widened then she smirked and thought to herself, "Is she actually....My, very determined~"

"Hmm, unfortunately I'm not free today and tomorrow at all. How about we meet on Sunday somewhere outside? It would be easier to talk face to face. You don't have class with her this Sunday, right?"