Chapter 9

Rosalyne came to be known as the Ice Queen due to a few incidents in the past with her students where came off as merciless and unrelenting but deep down she always cared for her students no matter what. It didn't matter to her what names they called her as long as she was giving her best in helping them; nobody could really blame her for becoming the way she is after the tragedy she faced....

She wasn't always this way; in fact, people who knew her from before had seen her in a completely different light. Ice Queen was a title they could never think to associate with her- the bright, cheery and easily flustered Rosalyne. She never lost that kindness; she simply caged it deep within to safeguard herself from pain.

Rosalyne had been teaching in the institute ever since she received her base degree which was 8 years ago, many were surprised she took on this teaching job so soon but very few knew of her reasons. She did her masters alongside her first few teaching years then planned to take a break and focus on her personal life but fate had other plans for her causing her to pour all her time and energy into further research studies as a way to divert herself.

At this point of her job, she didn't really care what students thought of her, she didn't think of gratitude either. She had learned how to deal with all kinds of students and she had also learned that all of them are replaceable; after all, it's a new batch every year that comes and goes and nobody bats an eye further. University students rarely have any connection with their teachers unlike school students, everyone was a grown up now with responsibilities.

It was nearing the end of the day and you were having your extra classes with Ms Rosalyne. There was nothing unusual but you noticed she seemed to be more attentive of you than usual; granted, there were only four students in the class and the other three were clearly forcing their way through it, still it looked as if she wanted to say something to you but was unable to. You'd catch her staring at you whenever you were solving a question on your own, her face having a desperate look. The class finally ended and you decided to talk to her about it.

"Ma'am...." you walked up to her desk while she was packing up, catching her by surprise.

"A-Ahem, yes, any questions?"

"Uh....It might just be my imagination but you seem to want to say something to me....?"

Her eye widened and she awkwardly looked away, pondering what to say then let out a sigh.

"How....have you been lately? I understand it can be stressful studying so much but I hope you are taking care of yourselves."

"O-Oh, thank you for asking. I....try my best. I'm not sacrificing sleep, I promise!"

You exclaimed rather cheerfully, making her smile and pat your shoulder, "That's good. And what about eating? I better not see you faint all of a sudden in the morning lecture someday."

She playfully teased, making you slightly surprised as it wasn't in her nature but you nodded with a smile nevertheless then bid farewell and exited the class. She watched you go out then eventually exited the class as well to go home, she sat in her car then took out her phone to talk to Lisa.

Hey, are you free later today?

Lisa: Mhm, what's up? Is it about Y/n?

Yes, will you be able to come to my place to talk? I don't want to share over phone.

Alright, I'll come by 7 pm. I'll bring some food along; you want something to drink?

It's still only Monday, Lisa. I'm not going to tolerate your drunken antics.

Aww, how rude~ Fine, non-alcoholic it is. See ya later~