Chapter 18

After an unprecedented turn of events set up by none other than Ms Lisa, you were now seated in this new cafe with your crush and chemistry teacher- Ms Rosalyne, having lunch together. The two of you didn't speak much and ate your own side of the food, occassionally exchanging some dishes in between. You remembered the message Ms Lisa sent to you and pondered about it, trying to think what to do.

"Get to know each other better....but how? What should I do? S-Should I just ask about her life like this? Why would she even tell me anything....?!"

You contemplated and became distressed, realizing the gap between you two.

"Say, Y/n." Ms Rosalyne spoke, catching your attention, "Y-Yes, ma'am?"

 "Was there....some other reason you had met up with Lisa here?"

"Huh? N-No, not really...."

"....You must be feeling awkward being left with me all of a sudden when you had come to meet her."

Her word caught you by surprise, "No, not at all....In fact, I feel more comfortable with you."

Ms Rosalyne's eye widened, "Is that so?"

"....Perhaps it's because we already spend so much time together throughout the week, especially on weekends. While I have very brief meetings with her a few times in a week, only when I'm visiting the library."

Ms Rosalyne gave a small smile, "I see, I too relate with that...."

You looked at her wide-eyed then nodded with a light blush on your face, you soon finished eating and walked out of the cafe together.

"I have to do some grocery shopping now. You can go and catch up with Lisa if you'd like." Ms Rosalyne spoke before turning around and proceeding to walk away.

"O-Oh, I have no plans with her. Actually, my mom asked me to buy some things too so...." you trailed off and paused, looking at her expectantly. 

She sighed then looked back at you, "....Do you really want to go shopping with your teacher?"

You were caught by surprise, "I....I don't mind it if it's you, ma'am....U-Unless you mind me, of course! I understand if you don't want to be with a student even on a free weekend..."

There was an awkward silence between you two, you looked away with an upset look while she sighed after a moment then nodded, "I don't mind if it's you either...."

A smile formed on your face hearing her surprising reply, "Thank you, ma'am...."

She too smiled then turned to face you, "Well, let's get going then. We'll miss the bus otherwise."

"O-Oh, I actually came by my car. We can go in that if you'd like."

She agreed with a nod then both of you sat down in your car and you began driving while she told you the way to the supermarket she was going to.

"Perhaps....I misunderstood, it doesn't seem like they are dating. I'm sure Lisa would have told me if they were. It's good if Y/n doesn't get into any relationship right now, especially with a teacher. She needs to focus on studies, there's a lot she needs to cover up....Not that I can really deny her right to date someone, if she can manage well then I have no say in the matter...." Ms Rosalyne thought to herself as you drove.

"Which way from the red light, ma'am?" you interrupted her thoughts and she quickly looked around then cleared her throat to speak.

"O-Oh, sorry. Take a right here."