chapter 1

Davinas pov

I opened the email, trying not to get my hopes up. I skimmed over it and saw that I got the job! I felt a wave of relief and continued to read the email. "And we would like you to start within the next month at our London office."

I stopped...what? I'd specifically applied for the one in Newcastle.

I felt like I should email to get it cleared up but I also didn't know how, what if there was confusion with the locations? and If I emailed, would i lose the position?

I was debating what to do when I got a call from my cousin AJ.

''Hey, D. What are you doing?'' he said, his voice echoing through the speakers.

''Do you remember that job I applied for?'' I asked, ignoring his earlier question.

''The one in Newcastle?''

''Yeah.''

''Yeah, I remember it. Did you get it?''

''Kinda...they want me to work in London.''

There was no answer for a few moments, and then AJ spoke ''What are you going to do?''

''I don't know. I literally just opened the email.''

Silence again, and then ''you could stay with me.''

I didn't reply for a second, and then cleared my throat. ''What?''

''It makes sense. You really wanted the job, Davina, and now you've got it. It wouldn't be a problem if you stayed with me.''

''Are you sure you'd be okay with it?''

''Of course! It would be fun to have you here, D!''

I hesitated for a few seconds, but I knew what my answer was going to be. AJ had always been one of my favourite cousins, and living with him would be fun. It meant I could keep my job - and start over. There were no cons.

''I'd love to move in with you aj.'' I smiled even though he couldn't see me.

''Cool! I'll text you and we can sort stuff out.''

''Okay. Thanks, cuz..''

''Don't mention it. I've gotta go right now, but I'll text you later. See you, Davina.''

''Bye.''

Well they want me to start soon so I decide to email them so we can work out a date for me to start. After I send the email I realise I need to inform my family.

I shoot a quick text to the group chat knowing that if anyone had questions they'd just phone me.

My new manager answers the email within the hour, letting me know she wants me to start the following Monday. I check the calendar - that's only a week away. I keep myself busy for the rest of the day, shopping and running any errands that needed doing.

It's not until around 5pm that AJ texts me.

'Sorry it's taken me so long to text you. You can move in whenever you need. Just let me know x'

'I'm meant to start Monday...how about I move in Friday?'

'That's fine. Do you need me to come help you?'

'No, I'll drive down. Just send your address :) '

'Okay. Can't wait to see you, Davina.'