Chapter 8

Sharky's pov

"Do you like me?" I asked, it shouldn't have been the first thing on my mind but I couldn't help thinking about it.

The answer I'd been hoping for came out in a whisper. ''Yeah.''

I stepped closer to her "I like you too."

She looked at me "Even after the shit you heard me say to AJ?''

"Well I know you never meant it, even after I heard it, I couldn't fully bring myself to hate you for it."

I saw her glance at the door "What do we do now?"

"We don't have to tell anyone if you're worried-''

She smiled. ''Thanks.''

''-but I'd kinda like to take you out tomorrow or something."

Davina's pov

He wanted to take me on a date. I felt sick with nerves, and butterflies were swirling in my stomach. Looking at him right now made me feel so weird. He was gorgeous.

"Yeah, ok that sounds great." I said, trying to sound a lot calmer than I actually am.

"Sick." he smiles.

I glance around anxiously, and then kiss his cheek quickly before leaving the room. Sharky follows after me a few minutes later with two drinks, he hands me one of them and I smile as I take it and sit down.

I see Chunkz and Kenny exchange looks, and then they look at me and Sharky suspiciously. Niko and AJ were wrapped up in a conversation and so they didn't notice, and I sigh in relief silently. The last thing I wanted right now was my cousin getting involved.

''You guys made up now?'' Kenny asked.

AJ and Niko stop talking, looking at me and Sharky. I feel slightly sick - i'm the worst liar in the world, and AJ knows that. In fact, he was the one who told me I was shit at lying. He would definitely know right now-

''No.'' Sharky replied.

I looked at him. So we're fully lying.

''Seriously?!'' AJ groaned.

''You were gone a long time.'' Chunkz said suspiciously.

''Yeah, because I tried sorting it out-''

''It's not my fault you can't admit your faults.'' I muttered.

''Whatever.'' Sharky said, trying not to smile. ''You can't admit yours either.''

''I don't have any.'' I said with a smirk, flicking my hair.

Niko laughed. ''True. She kills it on every game.''

''Thanks, Nik.'' I said, leaning over to dap him up. I did, and then looked back at Sharky. ''Your opinion on me is just shit.''

''My opinion is the only right one.''

''It's not, sharks.'' Chunkz said, shaking his head.

Sharky's mouth dropped open in shock. He was obviously lying about not liking Davina, but they didn't know that, and yet they were siding with her.

''Whatever.'' Sharky replied.

I looked at him, a tiny smile on my face. ''Looks like I'm just not your type.''

''I'm not yours either.''

''No.''

The room went quiet for a moment, and then conversation resumed as normal. Everybody just accepted that the boy and girl would argue whenever they hung out, and there was nothing anybody could do to help it. When they knew nobody was looking, they both smiled at each other.

Of course they were lying.

Sharky was just Davina's type.

And Davina was Sharky's.

-

The day went smoothly and soon everyone was home, that's when the questions started.

Aj had been confused, Sharky and Davina had been gone for a while and they hadn't seemed mad at each other as they came back into the room, he just wanted to know what was going on but seeing as his cousin had just gone to bed he knew probably wasn't gonna get an answer yet.