Chapter 6

Me, Sharky and AJ were with Niko in his car, whilst Filly, Chunkz, Darkest and Kenny were in his car. The boys had decided we should go to Wagamamas after all and the ride there wasn't too long. The car ride had seemed awkward, with Sharky seemingly ignoring anytime AJ or Niko tried to bring me into the conversation.

All I could think about was his sudden switch up. Maybe he was one of those people who get hangry easily, though that didn't explain why he only seemed to be taking it out on me. I was starting to get a little annoyed by it but I didn't want to start anything between AJ and his friends.

I wanted to ask him about it, but I didn't want to ask in front of everybody. I decided that, whenever I got him on his own, I would ask why he was being weird towards me. Maybe it was because I was new in the group? But that didn't make sense, because the rest of the boys were fine with me.

Maybe he was just really protective of his friends.

We arrived at the restaurant, walking in and waiting until the waiter came to seat us. I tried making eye contact with Sharky, but he wouldn't even look in my direction, just focusing his attention on Chunkz and Filly.

''Hi..how many seats do you guys need?'' the waiter smiled.

''Seven.'' Sharky replied.

Kenny counted quickly, and shook his head. ''Eight.''

''No-''

''Davina is here.'' AJ said awkwardly.

''Oh yeah.'' he said flatly. ''8 i guess.''

he guesses?

I looked at him outraged. ''Okay, what the fuck?''

All of the boys looked at me in surprise, but AJ just rolled his eyes.

''Here we go.'' AJ muttered.

''What's the problem, D?'' Filly asked.

''Sharky obviously left me out on purpose!'' I argued.

''No, i didn't.'' he said.

''It's so obvious that you did!''

''I don't think he would've, Davina.'' Darkest replied.

''If he didn't, why is he saying 'I guess' at the end of his sentence?''

AJ sighed. ''He didn't mean it.''

I didn't believe him. Instead, I turned my attention back to Sharky. ''Admit it - you don't like me.''

''No way! Unlike some people, I'm honest about my opinions. If I didn't like you, id tell you.''

''What's the meant to mean?'' I asked.

''Davina-'' Niko began.

''No, that was obviously a dig at me!''

''Can we just go into the restaurant?!'' AJ yelled, trying to break up the tension.

I wanted to continue arguing, furious that Sharky was trying to single me out and embarrass me, but I also knew I was making myself look like an idiot. Besides, i didn't want to piss off all of my new friends by keeping them out of the restaurant.

''Fine. Sorry, guys.'' I muttered.

Niko put his arm around my shoulders. ''We forgive you, Davina.''

''Let's just go and order.'' Darkest said.

Sharky looked at me for a few more moments and...was I crazy to think there was some tension between us? Not the bad kind either, the kind that makes you want to make-out with that person as soon as possible.

But that was stupid.

I hated Sharky, and he clearly hated me.

We made our way to our seats and neither of us spoke for the rest of the night. On the way home I was with AJ and Niko again but this time Darkest had come with us instead of Sharky.