Chapter 13

AJ was surprised that I knew about the football game.

"Did Niko tell you?"

"No, Sharky did." I reply, fixing my earrings.

"Good one Davina, I think you're starting to become funny."

I rolled my eyes but didn't reply. AJ still thought that me and Sharky hated each other and keeping this secret from my cousin was starting to stress me out a bit. AJ waited for my response and, when none came, he narrowed his eyes.

''You actually found out from sharky?''

''Yes.''

''I thought he hated you?''

''There's a thin line between love and hate.'' I shrugged carelessly.

''So he loves you?''

I froze, wishing I could suck the words back into my mouth. I turned to my cousin, who was looking at me in pure confusion. I couldn't exactly say he hated me right now, because that still wouldn't explain why i knew about the football game.

''No!'' I fake laughed desperately. ''Of course not.''

''You're acting so weird, D.''

''Maybe it's because you keep quizzing me!''

Niko came into the room. ''Are you two done fighting now?''

''No.'' we both replied, and then smiled at each other.

Niko rolled his eyes. ''We need to leave soon or we'll be late.''

''Sharky's picking me up.'' I said.

Both boys turned to look at me. ''Why?''

''Because there's not enough room in the car for all of us.''

AJ was quiet, moving his hand gently. It was obvious he was counting how many people were going to the game, and how many seats were in a car.

''Why can't somebody else go with sharky?'' AJ asked.

''I thought you hated the guy?'' Niko pressed.

''Do you two ever shut up?'' i whined. ''Sharky texted me, and asked if he wanted me to pick him up. I thought it might give us some time to clear the air, so i said yes. I don't have to hate him the entire time i live here, you know?''

''I thought my cousin Davina held grudges better than that.'' AJ said jokingly.

I rolled my eyes. ''Whatever.''

''When's he going to be here?'' AJ asked.

''Ten minutes.''

''Okay, we-'' Niko began, but was cut off by somebody beeping outside. The two boys and I went to the window, where we saw Chunkz' car outside the apartment.

''Looks like we're going now.'' AJ said.

''Cool. We'll meet you there.'' I said.

AJ and Niko both looked at me suspiciously, but there was nothing they could do right now. They both grabbed their stuff and left the apartment, slamming the door behind them. I watched them drive away, and then sat on the sofa, waiting for sharky to arrive.

I wasn't waiting long before there was a knock at the door. I pulled it open, and sharky stood there.

''Hey.'' he smiled.

I pulled him into me by the collar, kissing him. I deepened the kiss by putting my arms around his neck, and he put his hands on my waist. He broke it off first, looking at me in surprise.

''What if-''

''They're not here.'' I replied. ''But, they are shocked you're driving me to the game.''

"You told them?" He looked like he was in shock himself.

"Yup." I didn't give myself time to dwell on it though because I grabbed his hand and pulled him outside.

We walked to his car, and like the gentleman he is he opened the car door for me.

We mostly sang Frank Ocean as we drove to the stadium. When we arrived Sharky led me through another entrance so that nobody would see us. We laughed as we made our way through the empty corridors, our giggles echoing off the walls.

We enter the room that everyone's sat in before the match and everyone goes quiet.

"So you guys made up then?" Aj asked, watching us both.