chapter 2

I make a start on my packing, deciding to only take a few things and put the rest in storage (at my mums house) until I find a place for myself. I'm glad Aj's letting me stay with him but I know I can't cramp his style forever.

When I'm done sorting everything I pack my essentials as well as a few miscellaneous things into my big suitcase.

I then get an incoming FaceTime from AJ. I answer it without looking at the screen since I'm still trying to pack.

"I can't even see your face." A random voice calls

"What?" I say looking at my phone

"Shush!" And then he ends the call.

I'm so confused, my phone rings again and it still says AJ. I'm hesitant to pick up, still confused from the call a few minutes ago.

"Hey D" AJ says, and I sigh in relief. "That was my friend, he thinks he's funny. Niko say sorry."

"I'm sorry AJs cousin" the voice from before calls. "You were the last call on his phone so I wanted to know who you were."

I roll my eyes. ''And you couldn't just ask?''

''Thought it would be funnier to say shush.''

I roll my eyes again. ''Weirdo.''

''NDL will be after you, you know.''

''Shut up, Niko.'' AJ laughs. ''You packed now, D?''

''Almost.'' I say, shoving a hoodie into my suitcase. ''I'll be at yours later.''

''Okay. Can't wait to see you.''

''Me too.'' I smile. It's true - I haven't seen my cousin in a while. I was busy looking for jobs, and he was busy filming content for his channel. Once he joined the beta squad, it became even less frequent to see him. We still text, but not as much as I would like too.

''Niko will still be here, so he'll help you with your stuff.'' AJ announced.

''No I won't.'' Niko joked.

''You seem so sweet.'' I said sarcastically.

''Just hurry up and get here.'' my cousin replied, and then ended the facetime.

I finished packing my suitcase, grabbed my extra bags and loaded them into the car. I handed my keys back to the reception, and then I was ready to leave.

Ready to begin a new life.

I began to feel nervous around half an hour away from AJ's. I was interrupting his life - was he okay with that? He said he was, but he was known to be nice. He could just be trying to help, not really thinking about himself. I also knew beta squad took up a lot of his time, and he usually had his friends round his house or he was at theirs. What if they didn't like me? That would be awkward for everybody.

The thoughts stuck with me until I arrived at AJ's, where he rushed down and pulled me into a hug. Niko dapped me up, and I instantly knew we would be friends.

''I've missed you.'' AJ said.

''Same.'' I replied. ''I'm happy to be living with you.''

He nodded. ''I'm glad.''

''Are you coming to Sharky's tonight?'' Niko asked.

I knew of Sharky, Kenny and Chunkz, but I had never met any of them. I watched beta squad, and they all seemed nice. Especially Sharky - I thought he was so attractive and funny.

''Won't he mind?'' I asked.

''Nah - he'll probably want you to come.'' Niko replied.

I nodded. ''Okay. I'll come.''