chapter 3

AJ and Niko helped me unload my bags and take them up to the guest room where I would be staying.

"We'll give you some privacy" my cousin says as they leave the room reminding me to be ready around six o'clock.

I decided to unpack a bit and soon it was five thirty. I decided to freshen up a bit before going downstairs and just touched up my makeup and also grabbed a jacket since it had gotten cold.

I went downstairs and was greeted by both AJ and Niko who were still playing fifa.

"I thought you said be ready for six?" I ask them.Neither of them take their eyes off the game before AJ answers me.

"We said around six, that just means before 8.'' he explains.

I look at him confused, and AJ continues ''Honestly, even if we do go at 8, we'll still be the first there."

"Don't worry Davina, me and AJ are always the first to show up for everything" Niko says finally looking away from the screen. "Do you know how to play?" he holds the controller out to me.

"Does she know how to play?" AJ repeated, pausing the game. "Yo, don't diss my family like that again.'' he laughed, looking to me. ''Smoke him D, don't hold back."

I laughed as I took the controller. Due to having many cousins, I was good at most video games. It had been our entertainment at most family gatherings to keep us out of trouble, meaning we were all pretty good.

We played for a while - Niko winning one game, whilst I won two - and then decided to leave. Niko was still complaining and shaking his head about the loss as we called the Uber and then piled into it.

''Shut up, Niko.'' AJ laughed. ''I told you she was good.''

''Summer vacations with male cousins really comes in handy.'' I laughed.

''I'll beat you next time.'' Niko said, but he smiled to show he was only joking.

The Uber pulled up outside Sharky's place, and the three of us climbed out. We walked to the front door, and rang the doorbell. We were only waiting for a few moments before it opened, and Sharky stood there with a smile on his face.

''Hey guys.'' he said, and then noticed me. ''You're AJ's cousin, right?''

''Davina. Nice to finally meet you.'' I smiled.

''Come in.'' he said, and the three of us went inside.

I could feel my heart racing as I followed my cousin and Niko into Sharky's house. I knew he was attractive - I saw that in the videos - but in person, it was different. He was beautiful, with perfect white teeth and a durag over his hair. He was wearing just a tracksuit, but he still looked good. I could feel myself heating up in the face, and I willed myself to cool down, knowing AJ and Niko would bully me about it.