Chapter 10

After going to a few more game stalls we went back to the car to put all our prizes down - I say our but most of them were Sharky's. I won a bead bracelet that Sharky was currently wearing and a giraffe keychain that I attached to his car keys.

As we made our way back into the grounds we decided to take a break from the games and get some cotton candy to share. We sat on a little bench near a stall, laughing as we watched a guy try and win a teddy for his girlfriend.

''He's not going to win.'' I smiled.

Sharly looked at me. ''Are you always negative?''

I nodded. ''yes.''

''I guess we balance each other out.'' Sharky shrugged.

I smiled at him. ''Maybe.''

''Anyway-'' he began, before reaching for the cotton candy and putting it into his mouth. ''Have i changed your opinion of me?''

''I think you know you have.'' I said softly.

''So you admit you were wrong?'' he pressed.

''I would never admit that.'' I replied, before taking a short pause and laughing slightly. ''But my opinion might not have been at its best.''

He laughed. ''Well, you've definitely changed my opinion.''

''Yeah?''

''Yeah.'' he replied, and then hesitated. ''Davina?''

''What?''

''I've had a good time tonight.''

''Same.''

''I want to kiss you.''

What?

I barely had time to look at him before he was pressing his lips onto mine. It caught me off guard, but the feeling of Sharky's hand resting on my thigh and the feeling of his lips on mine made me forget about everything else. I kissed back, putting my hand gently on his cheek.

I had kinda secretly hoped he was a bad kisser. He seemed to be good at everything...maybe this would be his downfall.

He pulled away, but didn't remove his hand from my thigh. ''I've wanted to kiss you since the first time i saw you.''

''Really?'' I whispered, breathlessly.

He nodded before moving back in, kissing me again.

Shit. He was an amazing kisser.

-

We walked back to his car, sharky opening the door for me. I shot him a smile before climbing in and shutting the door behind me. He climbed into the driver's seat, and then looked at me.

''Do you want me to drive you home?'' he asked.

I felt disappointment wash over me. I didn't want to go home yet - i was enjoying my time with sharky. I thought for a moment, and then looked at him.

''Do you want to come back with me?''

He blinked in surprise. ''But AJ-''

''Is at filly's place.'' I reminded him. ''Nobody is at home right now.''

He was quiet for a moment, and then nodded. ''Fine. Let's go back to your place.''

-

I checked that the coast was clear, and then let sharky into the apartment. We went upstairs to my room, and i shut the door behind me before sitting on my bed next to him.

''Nice room.'' he said.

I laughed slightly. My room barely had any decoration, and hardly looked lived in.

''I haven't bothered decorating yet.''

''You can start now.'' he replied, taking the shark teddy from my arms and putting in on the bed. He looked at me. ''Now you can think of me whenever you look at it.''

I blushed slightly, moving in to kiss him. He smiled, kissing me back for a moment before he pulled away.

''Did you hear that?''

''What?''

''Like...a car door slamming.''

I rolled my eyes. ''You worry too much, babe.''

''Babe?'' he questioned, a smirk appearing on his face. ''Have i earned a nickname already?''

''Maybe.'' i shrugged. ''Do you like it?''

He replied by kissing me, and then looked at me. ''So, you want to go out again?''

''Definitely.''

''Tomorrow?'' he asked.

''Aren't you filming tomorrow?'' i asked.

He paused, and then nodded. ''After. I can get you at 8?''

I smiled. ''Sure.''

We moved back in, but then froze as we heard the front door open. We both looked at each other, to make sure the other heard it, and then sharky's eyes widened as he heard keys hit the counter.

''Shit.'' he whispered.

''You're going to have to sneak out!'' i whispered.

''Why am i sneaking out?! I'm fucking twenty-seven!''

''Do you want aj and niko to ask us thousands of questions?!''

He was quiet for a moment and then sighed. ''Fine.''

I opened my bedroom door, checking it was clear, and then stepped out of my room. Sharky followed, but as i walked down the stairs, it creaked.

''Davina?'' AJ yelled.

''Yeah, it's me!'' I replied, and sharky hit the back of my legs.

He was right - why didn't I just stay silent? I could've snuck him out so much easier. Right now, I felt like a teenager who had disobeyed her parents. I knew that I didn't need to sneak him out - AJ wouldn't be mad about us - but I liked having Sharky as my secret. I liked having him to myself without anyone being involved.

I suddenly heard AJ's footsteps coming towards the steps, and I pushed sharky roughly so that he slipped, and then rushed back up the stairs.

''How was your night?'' he asked, standing at the bottom.

''It was okay.'' I replied vaguely. ''I thought you were at Filly's?''

''We got bored.'' aj shrugged. ''You okay? Where are you going?''

''I, uh-'' I faltered, and then cleared my throat. ''Getting something from the car.''

''Oh, okay.'' he nodded. ''Come into the living room after?''

''Okay!''

AJ disappeared back into the living room, and sharky walked down the stairs slightly. I rushed to the front door, pulling it open, and sharky quickly rushed down. He stepped out of the door, and then looked at me.

''See you tomorrow, Davina.''

''See you.''

He kissed me once more, and then left. I shut the door behind him, and sighed wistfully.

I couldn't wait until tomorrow.

-