Chapter 14

"So you guys made up then?" Aj asked, watching us both.

Sharky and I looked at each other, giving the same knowing look. We knew we had a choice. We could tell him right now that we actually had made up and, somehow, were dating and spent every second we could together. We could watch as everyone's faces turned from surprise to happiness, and then we'd be bombarded with questions.

Or

We could keep lying and Sharky wouldn't be able to put his arm around me throughout the game, and he wouldn't be able to whisper in my ear about whatever came to mind. We wouldn't be able to be public, but we also wouldn't have any questions thrown at us. We wouldn't have to worry about what our friends and my cousin thought.

I hesitated for a second, before realising option one sounded so much better. I wanted my boyfriend to pull me close and keep his arm wrapped around me as we watched the game. I just wanted people to know. I-

''Yeah. We're good now.'' Sharky replied, breaking me from my thoughts. ''We're friends.''

''Really?'' Kenny asked.

''Yeah.'' Sharky said, looking at me for support. ''Right, D?''

''Right.'' I replied harshly before turning my back on him and facing the other boys. ''How are you guys anyway?''

''We're good, but our journey wasn't.'' Chunkz replied.

''Why?''

''A few reasons, but basically..''

Chunkz continued to talk, but I was barely listening. Sharky had answered way too quickly for my liking, he seemed to find it so easy to lie to all of his best friends. It made me doubt him slightly, and I decided I didn't want to talk to him for the rest of the day.

Sharky, however, must've sensed something was off because he barely waited for Chunkz to finish before he tapped my shoulder.

''What?'' i asked.

''I need to use the toilet, come with me?''

''You can't go on your own, sharks?'' kenny teased with a laugh.

Sharky rolled his eyes, smiling lightly. ''Something like that.''

''No.'' i replied.

''Please, Davina?''

''Don't be mean, D.'' Aj laughed. ''Go with him!''

I couldn't keep refusing with everybody looking at him, and so i sighed before walking away from our seats. I didn't even bother to wait for Sharky, but i could feel that he was close behind me. He waited for us to reach the tunnel, where nobody was, and then he grabbed my wrist.

''What's up?''

''We're 'just friends'?'' I asked, mocking his tone. ''I don't think we do what friends do!''

He looked at me, surprised. ''I thought you didn't want them to know?''

''Well, maybe i do.''

''How am i supposed to know that?''

''You answered way too quickly.'' I said, shaking my head. ''You lie so easily.''

''Are you seriously mad because I lied about us?'' he hissed, scoffing slightly. ''I lied because of you! I lied for you! We both agreed it's easier as a secret for now!''

''Whatever.'' I answered sourly.

Sharky sighed, pulling me into him and putting his arms around my waist. ''You're my girlfriend, Davina. I don't want to hurt you.''

I hesitated for a moment and then nodded. ''I know. I just...don't like being a secret anymore.''

''Then we can tell them.'' he answered easily.

''Really?''

''Yeah.'' he answered before pausing and laughing slightly. ''But let's see how the game goes...if our team loses, it might not be a celebratory time.''

I laughed. ''Thank you.''

''You must really like me to tell people.'' he said jokingly.

''Well...'' I put my arms around him. ''You are just my type.''

''And you're mine.'' he replied, kissing me quickly. ''Come on, we'd better go back.''

''But i like kissing you.'' I whined, kissing him again.

''You'll be able to kiss me whenever you like soon.''

I nodded, realising he was right. We both walked back to their seats where the game was just about to begin. I saw the suspicious look sprawled across Aj's face, but I pretended not to notice it, instead getting into a conversation with Niko.

-

There was only five minutes left of the game, and the game was tied. I had never seen my friends so quiet, and I almost laughed out loud, but I knew that would earn me dirty looks and someone telling me to shut up, and so I kept quiet. The boys were already standing up, not taking their eyes from the game.

I was pretty sure that if I lifted my shirt, exposing myself to him, Sharky wouldn't even care. He hadn't even looked at me for around half an hour, just talking gently, but once the scores tied, and the time got lower, he stopped responding.

''And with only two minutes remaining...we are all waiting impatiently to know which team will win!'' the guy on the tannoy spoke, making everybody tense more.

The boys team had the ball, and the tension in the air was indescribable. To be honest, i couldn't tear my eyes away as the guy ran with the ball. He managed to dodge the players, kicking the ball into the net and...

''HE'S SCORED!'' the guy yelled.

The boys all cheered, dapping each other up and celebrating their team's win. Sharky cheered with his friends, and he looked at me. He looked so happy that I completely forgot about everyone else, and he pulled me into a hug. He picked me up and whirled me around, like in a romance movie, and then he kissed me firmly as he put me down. I kissed him back, and everything just felt so perfect. We were absolutely perfect. Nothing could ruin this moment. Nothing-

''What the fuck?''