Chapter 6

🎈 CHAPTER 6🎈

*•°Vanessa's POV°•*

*•°Vanessa's POV°•*

Some upbeat song was playing on the radio Beverly brought with her. Beverly and I was laying in the sun, I was able to feel the many pair of eyes staring at us, they were to innocent for their own good.

"Eddie is checking you out." Beverly whispers to me, I glanced his way, my sunglasses, and turns out she was correct, when both of us moved, the boys looked away trying their best to act normal, like their eyes weren't roaming over our bodies a few seconds ago, it had me laughing on the inside.

"News flash, Ben. School's out for summa!" Richie says into an invisible microphone, going through his bag. "Oh, that? That's not school stuff." Ben told him. I stood up from where I was laying on the rocks taking a seat next to Eddie on one of the lower rocks, he suddenly took out his inhaler.

"Who sent you this?" Richie asks taking out a postcard.

"No one. Give it... No one." Ben says. "What's with the history project?" Richie asks looking through a folder. "Oh... When I first moved here, I didn't have anyone to hang out with so I just started spending time in the library." Ben says.

"You went to the library? On purpose?" Richie asks passing the folder on to Bill. "Rich, people go to the library to learn, you should go sometime, you might learn something." I say to him in a sweet tone, Eddie was chuckling next to me.

"Oh, I wanna see." Beverly says, getting up, sitting next to Bill. Eddie was acting a little more nervous than normal.

"What is the blackspot?" Stanley asks looking at Ben. "The blackspot was a nightclub that was burned down years ago by that racist cult." Eddie answers him.

"The what?"

"Haven't you watch Geraldo?" I ask Stanley. Eddie leaned closer to me, I looked at him curiously. "Before the day is over, I'd like to talk to you about something, if that's okay?" he asks playing nervously with his inhaler, I gave him a small nod of the head.

"Sure."

"Here, pass it."

Richie held his hand out to Bill. He went through it again. "Why is it all murders and missing kids?" Richie asks flipping through the pages. I laid my head on Eddie's shoulder, listening closely.

"Derry's not like any town I've ever been in before. They did a study once, and it turns out people die or disappear six times the national average." Ben explains, I felt the goosebumps run up my skin. "You read that?" Beverly asks, "and that's just grown ups. Kids are worse, way worse. I've got more stuff if you wanna see it." Ben states looking at all of us.

"No, no." Eddie says shaking his head, I put a comforting hand on his leg, his head snapped to me. "Don't worry Eds I'll protect you." I say to him with a smile.

*°•Unedited•°*