Chapter 7

🎈 CHAPTER 7🎈

*•°Vanessa's POV°•*

*•°Vanessa's POV°•*

Ben jumped off his bike and ran into his house first, when we arrived, probably hiding his underwear laying around. "Don't freak out, just tell us." Eddie said, as we entered Ben's room. "Yeah, I heard he has a rollercoaster and a pet chimp and old guys fucking bones." Richie told Eddie.

"Yeah."

I slapped Richie against his head. "Why don't you stop believing every rumor you here." I snapped at him. I looked around Ben's room, his walls was covered with pictures, news articles and other information. "Whoa, whoa, whoa. Wow." Richie said looking around.

"Cool, huh?"

"No, no. Nothing cool. There's nothing cool." Richie denied taking a look around, "This is cool, right here. Wait, no. No, it's not cool." He said pointing to something on the wall. "Richie, can you stop being a cunt." I said, looking at everything on the walls.

"What's that?" Stanley asked pointing to a paper with a bunch of signatures on it. "Oh that, that's the charter for Derry Township." Ben informed us.

"Nerd alert."

"No, actually it's really interesting, Derry started as a beaver trapping camp." Ben told us. "Still is, am I right, boys?" Richie said expecting a high five, I only put his hand down, shaking my head at him.

"Ninety one people signed the charter that made Derry, but later that winter they all disappeared without a trace." Ben told us. "The entire camp?" Eddie asked. "There were rumors of Indians, but no sign of an attack, everybody just thought it was a plague or something, but it's like one day everybody just woke up and left. The only clue was a trail of bloody clothes leading to the well house." Ben explained.

I looked at the pictures, and noticed something weird, a face of a clown between the people, it felt like he was staring straight at me.

"Jesus. We can get Derry on Unsolved Mysteries." Richie suggested. "Let's do that. You're brilliant." Eddie said sarcastically.

"I might be."

I noticed the clown hiding in most of the picture, you don't see him immediately, but if you take a proper look closer you see him, those murderous looking eyes, it felt like they were piercing right through me. I couldn't even hear the boys bickering, I don't know why, but the clown in those old pictures or drawings was making the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

Eddie's hand on my shoulder snapped me out in whatever daze I was just in. "You okay?" He softly asked.

"Yeah I'm good."

"Where was the well house?" Bill asked, speaking up for the first time since we entered Ben's room. "I don't know. Somewhere in town I guess. Why?" Ben said looking at Bill in question.

"Nothing."

After leaving Ben's house, I walked with Eddie, I picked up he still looked nervous, when we got to the crossing, where we have to go out separate ways, I stopped to look at him.

"What's up?" I asked, Eddie looked at me with those capturing eyes of his. I could see the gears turning in his head.

"I've realized that... Earlier today when Stanley pulled you aside, seeing you two so close and secretive, I hated it." Eddie started saying, "I don't like how others make you smile..."

"Eddie Kaspbrak, are you admitting your jealous?" I asked cutting him off, he stared at me, wide eyed. "Yes, I am, because I like you." Eddie admitted.

I had no idea what to say, I never thought he would ever feel the same, I was literally gawking at him. Eddie took my hands in his, looking into my eyes, "Vanessa Bowers, will you do me the honour and be my girlfriend?" he asked, his eyes held so much emotion.

"Eddie..." I was left speechless by this boy once again.

"Yes, I'd like that." I told him, a big smile on both our faces, I placed a kiss on his cheek, we went out separate ways, I was smiling like an idiot the whole way home.

*°•670 Words•°*