Chapter 17

🎈CHAPTER 17🎈

°•Eddie's POV•°

°•Eddie's POV•°

I got out the car and into the pharmacy as my mom told me to do, I was only allowed to get my refills and I had to make it quick.

The pharmacy was fulled with soft music playing in the background, saddening my mood even more. "Here for the refills, Eddie?" Doctor Keene asks, I only gave him a nod for confirmation.

"Yeah."

He made his way to the back to fetch them. I missed the losers, but most of all I missed Vanessa. I wasn't allowed to leave my house anymore, so I had no idea how she was doing or if she was okay.

"You know it's all bullshit, right?" Greta asks pulling me from my thoughts.

"What is?" I ask not sure what she meant. "Your medication." She states. "They're placebo's." She adds.

"What's placebo mean?" I ask not really interested in this conversation. "Placebo means bullshit." Greta told me, it made me stare down at my arm, remembering Vanessa kissing me when Richie snapped my arm back, it wasn't ideal for our first kiss.

"No friends, huh?" She asks, but I tried my best to ignore her, not wanting to talk about it. "Your cast. No signatures or anything?" Greta kept on asking questions.

"So sad."

"I didn't want it to get dirty." I said as nicely as I possibly could. "I'll sign it for you." She says getting up from the chair. I was boiling in annoyance as I watch her writing loser on my cast, making me miss Vanessa even more.

Mr Keene came back handing me my refills, I got back in the car watching the trees passing as we drove back home.

Mom made lunch as soon as we got hom, I couldn't eat I was sitting by the table playing with my food, the silence got broken by our phone ringing, I slowly got up to answer the phone.

"Hello?"

"Eddie! It got Vanessa and Beverly! We need to save them!"

"Okay."

"We're all meeting up at Neibolt."

"I'll meet you there."

I tried my best to walk past the living room casually to the front door, but mom appeared infront of me. "And just where do you think you're off to?" She asks me.

"Out with my friends." I told her. Mom shook her head as she spoke, "Sweetie, you can't go. You're getting over your sickness, remember?" She questions, but it sounded more like a demand.

"My sickness? Okay, what sickness ma?" I ask her, I took out my medication showing it to her. "You know what these are? They're gazebos! They're bullshit!" I yelled at her, throwing it to the floor, the pills scattered all over the floor, mom stares at the floor than glances up at me.

"They help you, Eddie. I had to protect you." Mom says to me.

"Protect me? By lying to me? By keeping me locked inside this hellhole? I'm sorry, but the only people that were actually trying to protect me were my friends, and you made me turn my back on them, you made me turn my back on Vanessa when I really needed her. So I'm going." I spoke from my heart, I made my way past her walking straight for the door.

"Eddie, Eddie! No! You get back here!" Mom yells after me.

"Sorry mom, I gotta go save my friends." I told her getting on my bike, driving down the street.

"Eddie! Don't do this to me, Eddie!"

°•Unedited•°