Chapter 26

🎈CHAPTER 26🎈

°•°Vanessa's POV°•°

Without any hesitation, we dashed for the exit of the restaurant. "That's what Pennywise does, right? He fucks with us. So, Stanley's probably fine." Eddie states, having a tight grip on my hand once again.

"Hey, Mike. Do you have Stan's number?" Beverly asks, taking out her phone.

"Yeah."

"Hey Richie." A little boy calls out, having stopped all of us from walking further. "

"How'd you... How'd you know my name?" Richie nervously asks, taking his hands out of his pockets.

"The fun's just beginning." The boy says, with a smile. "Right?"

"What he said, is it..." Eddie asks me, already on edge, after what we just went through. "Listen. You think this is funny? All right? Think this is some sort of game, huh? Well, fuck you, all right?" Richie says, rasing his voice with each sentence.

"Richie, be careful, okay" I told him, when I saw the scared look on the kid's face. "Fuck you! I'm not afraid of you!" Richie yells, holding the kid's jacket pointing at him. "The fun's just beginning. The line from your act, dude. I'm a fan." The boy says, but I think from today he will no longer be a fan of Richie.

"Are those your parents?" Richie asks, pointing at a couple, busy paying their check.

"Yeah." The kid says, just as his father calls him over.

"You want a picture?" Richie asks.

"I think I'm good." The kid says walking away, and I was right, Richie just lost a fan. "Okay, cool. He's a good kid." Richie says, as we once again started walking to the exit.

"Jesus, Richie. You don't remember a line from your own show?" Ben asks him.

"I don't write my own material." Richie states, making my husband yell, "I fucking knew it! I fucking knew it!" With a slap on his arm, he quickly stopped and we followed the others, once outside in the parking lot, Beverly tried to get ahold of Stanley.

"Hello, Mrs Uris. My name's Beverly Marsh. I apologize for calling, but I'm an old friend of your husband's." Beverly says, when Stanley's wife picked up the phone.

"You lied to us. That's not okay." Eddie tells Mike unhappy about all of this.

"Yeah, first words out of your mouth should have been like, 'Hey, man. You want to come to Derry and get murdered?' 'Cause then I would have said no." Richie says, making it clear that he would have said no, if he knew the real reason why he had to come back here.

"Guys." Ben says trying to listen in on the phonecall which was on loudspeaker.

"Fucking entrapment, man." Richie says.

"Oh... He passed." Mrs Uris says tearfully, I could feel the tears gathering in my eyes. "When did it happen?" Beverly asks, holding back her own tears.

"Yesterday. It was horrible the way he died. His wrists. In the bathtub." Mrs Uris tells her, only for a image of Stanley laying in the bath, blood everywhere flashing through my mind, it had me almost tripping over my own two feet.

"I'm sorry. I have to go."

"We're all very sorry, Patty." Beverly says.

"Thank you."

"Stanley. Pennywise knew. He knew before we did." My pacing husband says trying to grasp all of this, I knew I might not be able to sleep for weeks when I finally get home.

"We have to stop him. I have a plan." Mike speaks up.

"I got a plan. Getting the fuck out of Dodge before this ends worse than one of Bill's books. Who's with me?" Richie says, with his hand in the air, Eddie took my hand putting it in the air with his. "We made a promise to each other." Mike says, having Richie cut him off, "Let's unmake the promise."

"Richie, other people are gonna die." Ben says, trying to make our friend see the bigger picture, but he wasn't having it, and neither was my husband. "Other people die every day, man! We don't owe this town shit! Plus, I just remembered I grew up here, like, two hours ago. So, I'm fucking leaving. Fuck this." Richie says, walking to his car, Eddie pulling me with him to our car, as he says to Mike, "I'm sorry man, we're with Richie."

"Eds, Nessa, please." Mike says in a pleading tone.

"Listen. What? We stay, we die, that's it? I'm gonna go back to the Inn, we're gonna pack up our shit, and I'm driving us home, so that I can spend my free time with my wife. I'm sorry, man. Good luck." Eddie tells Mike, going to our car, opening the passenger door for me, and got in himself too, driving out of the parking lot, not looking back.

"We're really going home?" I ask, not sure what we should actually be doing, this, all of this, was just too much.

"You think we should stay?" Eddie asks.

"Yeah. No. I'm not sure okay." I said with a sigh looking out the window with our short drive to the Inn.

•°Unedited°•