Chapter 7: Beginning of a Friendship

Author's notes: Before reading this chapter, please vote for it. If you can do that, it will be a big encouragement for me to write more chapters.

Class D

At that moment, Ike let out a sigh of sadness in his seat. The shocking news of the new couple had become a hot topic and currently was being discussed by his classmates. Thinking about it, Ike's fragile heart shattered due to the fact that his crush had been taken by another guy. Kikyou Kushida, the lovely beige-haired angel of his class was dating Sasuke Uchiha of class B.

Seeing the sad mood of his friend, Yamauchi came beside Ike and started comforting the depressed guy.

"Come on, Ike! Don't be sad anymore, buddy!" 

"Hey, Yamauchi... Why does Kushida-chan choose that guy instead of me? What makes him better than me?" Ike sobbed like a kid.

"Well, there is a lot. Let's see-" Instead of comforting his friend, Yamauchi even made it worse when he listed a bunch of Sasuke's advantages.

"First, Being a class B student. Having a handsome face and a weird purple left eye. Scoring the highest IQ points among 1st-year students. Always achieving 100 points in every test of all subjects."

"For those reasons, he is ranked 1st as the most attractive boy of our year on the Ikemen ranking."

"To be honest, Sasuke Uchiha is the ideal model of a male student who all girls love. I'm not surprised if Kushida-san falls in love with him."

"..." Ike was dumbfounded at what his friend said. Now he realized how much inferior he was compared to Sasuke Uchiha. There was no way he could compete against that guy.

"Yeah, I agree with Yamauchi! You should wake up to reality, Ike! Instead of chasing Kushida, you should aim for another girl with lower boyfriend standards." Sudou joined the chat and advised his friend.

While their conversation was going on, it was interrupted when the door was opened from outside. Entering her class, Kushida made an energetic smile with her friends. However, it wasn't she who attracted their attention but the boy holding her hand. Kushida's boyfriend, Sasuke Uchiha of class B just arrived at their class along with her.

"Oh my god! It's Mr. Steal Your Girl, Ike!" Yamauchi exclaimed, getting his friend in trouble as many of his classmates glared at the brown-haired boy. 

"Nevermind!" Ike shook his head to reassure them. After that, the attention finally returned to the Uchiha. Leaving the girls who were surrounding him earlier, Hirata walked toward Kushida's boyfriend. He made a friendly smile and reached out his hand.

"I'm Yousuke Hirata. Nice to meet you, Uchiha-san!" 

"You must be Hirata, right? Some girls in my class have a crush on you." Sasuke gladly accepted the handshake while revealing some interesting information to him.

"What's a shame for them! Hirata-kun already had me as his girlfriend!" A long blonde-haired girl soon clung to Hirata's arm while claiming he was her boyfriend. In a brief moment, Sasuke could see the unpleasant expression on the boy's face. It seemed Hirata's love for the girl was not genuine though.

"Come on, Karuizawa-san! I'm still talking to him."

"Don't tell me you've lost your interest in me, Hirata-kun! I won't let any girls steal you from me!" The girl was really possessive when it came to her boyfriend. She was the leader of the girls in class D, Kei Karuizawa. There was a lot of annoyance and jealousy in her voice. For an unknown reason, Sasuke felt as if she was a parasite using Hirata as a host. 

"Don't be so mean, Karuizawa-san! You think the same, right Sasuke-kun?" Kushida retorted beside her boyfriend. She admitted the amusement while receiving jealous and admirable glares from her female classmates, especially Karuizawa.