Chapter 14: Herd Behaviour

Author's notes: Before reading this chapter, please vote for it. If you can do that, it will be a big encouragement for me to write more chapters. Also, please leave your comment. I would like to know your thoughts when reading this chapter.

Night of The 5th Day

During the night, while Kanzaki was still asleep, he heard a familiar voice. As he opened his eyes, he saw the figure of his closest friend.

"Hey, Ryuji!" Beside him, Sasuke was trying to wake him up in a low tone. Other than them, there were other boys sleeping in the same tent. For that reason, the Uchiha needed to be cautious to not disturb them.

"What's wrong, Sasuke?" Kanzaki asked him with his sleepy eyes.

"Don't ask anything. Just get your ass up and follow me." Sasuke replied jokingly. He later unzipped the tent gently to get outside. Without hesitation, Kanzaki soon got up and caught up with him. He believed it must be something truly important for his friend to act like that.

The duo left the camp in silence and headed into the forest. They walked for about 3 minutes until they reached a safe position. At this distance, it was guaranteed that no outsider could overhear their conversation.

Since it was settled, Kanzaki spoke up first.

"So what do you want to discuss with me, Sasuke?" 

"Please be patient, Ryuji. Another guest is coming." Uchiha told him while looking in a certain direction. Along their path, his crow had seen an unexpected person chasing after them.

As soon as Sasuke finished his sentence, a female classmate appeared from the shadow.

"What are you two doing here at this hour, Kanzaki-kun and Uchiha-kun?" The girl raised her brow, asking them with a suspicious look.

"Wait, Himeno? Why're you here? Did Sasuke invite you?" On the other hand, Kanzaki was confused by her appearance. He doubted whether his friend permit her to join with them.

"Nope. I just happened to see you guys leaving the base by coincidence. Is this some kind of secret meeting?" Himeno crossed her arms. After clearing Kanzaki's doubt, she posed another question to them.

"Yes, you weren't supposed to attend it. But I will let you participate anyway." Sasuke confirmed. In fact, he never intended to get Himeno involved in his plan. However, having her play a part in his plan would make it less difficult to execute.

"Now get to the point of this gathering. I have something important to tell you two." Sasuke spoke in his typical deep tone. What he was about to reveal would surprise them.

"The truth is... Kaneda is a spy of Ryuuen." 

"I knew it!" Both Kanzaki and Himeno exclaimed at once.

"Does it mean that you have known from the beginning?" Maintaining his composure, Sasuke asked while not letting his surprise be visible. Ironically, those two weren't naive like other classmates as he thought. They possessed sharp observation and realized Kaneda's intention.

"That's correct." Himeno nodded in affirmation. 

"But it just stops at doubt. I lack proper evidence to support my theory." Kanzaki added. Even if they tried to persuade Ichinose to remove Kaneda, their request would still fall on deaf ears.

"Then this thing will serve that purpose." As he said, Sasuke brought out a camera from behind him.

"They belong to no one else but Kaneda."

"Let's check the camera." Kanzaki suggested. He received the camera from Uchiha and proceeded to turn it on. As expected, there was only one image caught by the camera. The bright screen showed a green card with the name "Chihiro Shiranami" written on it. This evidence alone was enough to confirm their theory.