2

Felix laid in his bed his bottom lip captured between his teeth. His mind would not allow him to sleep. Taking a deep breath, he sat up. He needed to do anything but sit in his bed and let his thoughts consume him.

      Sliding his slippers on he shuffled to the door of his room. Quietly he opened the door, however, he did not expect to see Hyunjin there.

    The older male almost looked like a toddler when they are caught doing something they are not supposed to do.

      "Hyunjin, what are you doing here?" Felix questioned.

     Hyunjin opened his mouth slightly to speak but closed it again.

   Taking a deep breath and clearing his throat, he spoke, "I came to check and make sure you made it to your room okay,"

     Felix nodded confused, "Yes because I can get captured between the front door and my room," he said almost teasingly.

     "Right, you are okay, I shall take my leave now," Hyunjin said quickly, as he turned around to leave.

    However, he stopped when he heard Felix call for him, "Hyunjin,"

    Turning around Hyunjin spoke, "Yes?"

     "Do you do this often? I mean come check on me?" Felix questioned.

    "I do not, this is the first time I have done it, I was worried because I was not the one who escorted you to your chambers as usual,"

  Lies, the words that spilled from Hyunjin's lips were complete and utter lies.

   Felix nodded.

A small silence fell between the two.

   "I shall take my leave now," Hyunjin broke the silence.

     "Okay,"

    It felt awkward.

     Felix shuffled out of his room and closed the door.

    Hyunjin stopped walking and turned to Felix.

     "Where are you going?" Hyunjin questioned.

     "To the kitchen. Would you like to join me to make sure I am not captured between here and the kitchen?" Felix questioned.

     "Are you making fun of me?"

     Felix hummed, "Yes, I do believe I am,"

   Hyunjin clicked his tongue.

    Felix laughed softly and began to walk to the kitchen. He could hear Hyunjin trailing behind him.

    "I am just going to the kitchen, Hyunjin,"

    "And I am still obligated to watch over you,"

    Felix sighed, "Yes, because the enemy is going to break into the kitchen and eat the cookies I bake, then capture me and take me far, far, far away where no one will ever find me again, perhaps they will lock me in a tower, and I will grow my hair out long for my knight in shining armour to come to rescue me," the brunet said.

    "Are you going to tease me the whole way to the kitchen?" Hyunjin questioned.

    "Maybe or perhaps, we will walk in silence,"

    "Why are you making cookies this late?"

    "Because I wish to, because I cannot sleep," Felix said.

  "Why can you not sleep?" Hyunjin asked.

   Felix pursed his lips; he could not very well tell Hyunjin that all he was thinking of was well him, could he?

   "I was thinking of Duchess Kim,"

   Hyunjin bit his inner cheek, "Duchess Kim?"

   "Yes, something that she said to me I find very interesting," the prince said.

   "What did she say?"

    Felix hummed, "It is a secret,"

    Hyunjin pursed his lips.

   Felix turned into the kitchen and hummed a little.

   "How many times have you come in here and made cookies?"

   "Many times,"

    Hyunjin nodded, "You have plenty of people who would stop what they are doing to make cookies for you," he said.

   "But no one makes them like I do," Felix said, pulling a mixing bowl out.

    Hyunjin watched as Felix pulled out everything he needed for the cookies.

    "Ah, where did she put the flour?" Felix muttered looking around.

     He pouted when he saw it high up, walking over to the cupboard he stood on his tippy-toes and reached for the flour.

     His fingers brushed against it a couple of times, but still, he could not reach it.

     Hyunjin walked behind him and pulled the bag down.

   "How? You are only a little taller than me!" Felix pouted.

   "Two inches does matter," Hyunjin said.

    Felix rolled his eyes and began to make the cookies.

    He was so focused he didn't even notice Hyunjin watching him. He didn't notice the fond smile on Hyunjin's lips. He didn't notice a thing and Hyunjin was glad because then he'd have to explain himself and he doesn't think he'd be able to.

     "You do not have to stay you know,"

      Hyunjin hummed, "I wish to though,"

    Felix pursed his lips and nodded.

    Minutes and minutes passed and the two sat in silence.

     Perhaps, it was a pebble or maybe Felix just was that clumsy, he tripped over something as he was walking to the counter from putting the cookies in the oven. Arms wrapped around his waist from behind and pulled him back up easily.

     "Are you alright?" Hyunjin asked softly.

     Felix held his breath for a moment and nodded.

    Hyunjin's hands fell to Felix's hips, and he squeezed them lightly, "You need to be more careful, my prince,"

    That did things to Felix, things Felix would never admit, "I will," He mumbled.

    Hyunjin licked his lips and let Felix go. Felix already missing the warmth of the ravenet behind him.

     Closing his eyes for a moment, he took a deep breath.

    It cannot happen.