11

His eyes fluttered open, the light blinding as it filtered into his room. He groaned softly and sat up.

  His head was throbbing as he looked around the room, his focus landing the ravenet sleeping soundly on the chair next to his bed.

    He looks so much more peaceful asleep…

   Felix giggled softly at the thought. Leaning forward carefully, Felix tucked a piece of Hyunjin's hair back.

    "You should not be moving," Hyunjin said.

   Felix pulled his hand away a little too fast, his head spinning a little.

   Hyunjin sat up and leaned forward, holding Felix's hand gently, "Are you okay?"

    "I guess getting hit in the head takes a toll on people," Felix said with a small laugh.

   Hyunjin pursed his lips.

   "It's not something to laugh about. We have yet to apprehend those involved with doing this to you, but we do know that they are part of a group that opposes your mother and father," Hyunjin said.

    "Oh, lucky me,"

   Hyunjin stood and went to the door, "Yeonjun, please get Mrs. Song and the Royal doctor,"

    Yeonjun nodded.

   "Hyunjin, I am fine, I do not need to be looked over by the doctor or Mrs. Song," Felix said.

    "Perhaps that rock hit you too hard head, for you to think that that you do not need to be looked over by the Royal doctor and Mrs Song," Hyunjin stated.

    "Great, I get annoying overprotective Hyunjin,"

  Hyunjin clicked his tongue, "My gods, why must you act like this?

    Felix raised a brow, "Act like what?"

   "Like a two year old. Why must you act like a two year old?" Hyunjin questioned.

Felix pushed the blanket off him, "Because I want to. Because I can. Because no matter how many times I act like a two yea-" before Felix could even complete his thought, he began fall, Hyunjin rushed over and caught Felix by his waist.

     "Are you okay?" Hyunjin asked softly.

    Felix's breath caught in his throat, "I'm fine,"

   Hyunjin helped Felix stand correctly and sit back on the bed.

   "Like I said… you act like a two year old, sometimes,"

   Felix simply nodded.

   -

      Felix was in bed for days and it was torture.

   At some point along the way Hyunjin had become distant with him and almost a little cold, but still there was an tension between them, a strong tension.

   "Maybe, we should go back to the place," Hyunjin said, as he steady Felix, his hand gripping the younger's waist tightly.

   "I do not wish to," Felix said.

    "It is not a matter of if you wish to, it is a matter of this is the fourth time today that you have nearly fallen,"

    Felix hummed, "If you wish to go back to the palace, you can do so, by yourself,"

    The ravenet clicked his tongue and followed closely behind Felix.

  "Where are we even going?" Hyunjin questioned.

   "To promenade," Felix said, turning into the park with a beautiful view.

   Hyunjin's brows drew together, "Promenade with who?"

   "Sir James,"

   Hyunjin bit his tongue not wanting to say something out of turn.

   "Has he begun to court you?" Hyunjin asked.

   "Yes, he stated his intentions with me the day of the accident, he even sent me flowers when I woke," Felix said.

  "Yes, the marigolds,"

   "The marigolds you tried to throw away," the brunet mentioned

    Hyunjin hummed, "I prefer red flowers, tulips mainly," he said.

   It almost made Felix stop in his tracks.

    The red tulips.

   Whenever the bouquet on his bedside table began to wilt it was almost instantly replace with a fresh bouquet, but he never saw who did it.

    "Red flowers? Why red tulips?" Felix inquired.

   "Red is often associated with love, so red flowers are often associated with love. Red tulips… they can be associated with true love… perfect love. They can be a symbol of courage, strength, and determination.

   In some cultures, red tulips are a representation of a declaration of love or a proposal for marriage," Hyunjin explained.

    There was a short silence.

  "Would you… would you send these to someone?" Felix asked almost too softly.

   "I have sent them to someone," Hyunjin clarified.

    That made Felix's heartache a little.

    "In what context? I mean it has many meanings,"

    "It was meant to be as a declaration of love, but I do not know if they understood what I meant,"

     Felix was happy that Hyunjin was trailing behind him, he was sure his face was flush because of how ill he was feeling.

    "And if they did understand?" He asked.

    "If they did understand, I would hope they would tell me, but I am sure they do not know,"

    Felix nodded.

  It hurts a lot more than I thought I would…