10

"Mrs. Song, is Felix okay? Has he woken?" Hyunjin asked, as soon as he saw the woman.

     The woman sighed softly, gantpe look in her eyes, "He has yet to wake, dear. The royal doctors are saying that he should be fine, but there is no telling, until he wakes… if he wakes," she said.

Hyunjin took a deep breath, "Where is he?"

   "He's in his room, Sir Jackson is watching over him,"

   "Thank you Mrs. Song,"

      The old woman smiled and nodded.

    Hyunjin quickly went upstairs and to Felix's room. Jackson was sitting at Felix's bedside.

   Upon seeing Hyunjin, Jackson stood up, "General Hwang, what you doing here? I thought you were off,"

   "I am here, because the prince has been hurt on your watch. That being said, I believe that you should leave. Speak to Mrs Song, ask if she needs anything," Hyunjin said.

   "But I am to watch over Felix,"

    "You are relieved of that duty, go ask Ms. Song if she needs help with anything,"

   Jackson nodded and quickly left.

   Once he was gone Hyunjin let out a breath and looked at Felix, "Please be okay, my prince," he whispered.

     "Hyunjin, I did not think you would come back so soon,"

   Hyunjin turned around to face the queen, "A rather nervous guard came to tell of what is happening, he said you told him to let me know,"

  "Ah, yes, now I remember," she said.

   "If it is not too much to ask, I wish to return to my duties as General and as Fel- the prince's guard," Hyunjin said.

    "It is not too much to ask, however, I must ask, have you figured out how you feel?"

    Hyunjin pursed his lips, "I have, but my sister helped me reach my final thoughts… it would be in the best interest of the prince if I do not pursue any of my feelings,"

    The woman smiled softly, but she was devastated. She watched Hyunjin a Felix grow up together. She watched Felix and Hyunjin fall in love. She watched them pine for one another.

    She watched as Hyunjin never wavered in protecting Felix. She watched Felix stay by Hyunjin side when he was hurt. She watched it all.

   It was devastating to hear this.

   "If that is what you believe to be the best, then okay. Ah, I have things I must attend to, please keep an eye on Felix and notify Mrs. Song if he wakes," the queen said.

    Hyunjin nodded.

     The queen left and Hyunjin sat on the empty space next to Felix, hesitantly he held Felix's hand.

    "In front of you- even right now… I can't say that I love you," Hyunjin whispered.

    With a small sigh, he leaned forward and kissed Felix's forehead.

   Please be okay, Felix.

-

  I hate short chapters but I wanted to update really bad.