13✨

✨= this chapter is going to be a little sad

-

   The sky was dark and they were at the edge of the woods.

   "What are we doing here?" Felix asked.

   "I want to take you somewhere," Hyunjin said, exiting the carriage.

      Felix bit his lip, but quickly got up and followed Hyunjin.

    "Take the carriage back and inform Mrs Song that Felix is with me and that I will bring him back to the palace myself,"

"Are you sure, General Hwang?"

  "Yes, I am,"

   The driver nodded and left.

    Felix held Hyunjin's hand tightly, "Are you okay, prince?" Hyunjin questioned.

     "Yeah… it is just dark,"

    "There is nothing here that will hurt you,"

  "Are you sure?" Felix questioned, following Hyunjin into the forest.

   "I assure you that while I am with you, nothing will hurt you," Hyunjin said.

    Felix was lucky that the light from the lantern didn't shine bright or else Hyunjin would see the red on his cheeks.

     The walked for minutes more before the were in the clearing with the lake. The lake was glowing blue.

   "It looks so beautiful," Felix whispered.

    Hyunjin nodded and tugged on Felix's hand.

   "Let's go, it is cold out here," Hyunjin said.

   "Where are we going?"

    "There is a cottage up ahead, it is owned by my family,"

    The two walked a little further and came upon the cottage.

    "You have never mentioned this place before," Felix said as they entered.

   Hyunjin hummed, "I do not come out here often,"

    Hyunjin walked over to the fireplace, Felix watching as he started a fire.

   "Just because you do not come here often does not mean you should not mention it. It is a beautiful place,"

     The older pursed his lips and took a deep breath.

  "To be honest, I do not have good memories here. It is where I lived with my sister, before I became your guard, of course I inherited it when my father passed," Hyunjin told him.

   "But you became a guard when you were…" Felix trailed off.

   "I supported my sister and I since then. Of course when I turned sixteen I learned that I was never officially a guard, because I was too young. I had come to learn that your mother wanted me to stay, because… because of certain reasons, but still they gave me money like I was a guard and eventually I asked them to stop giving it to me and to just give it to my sister, so she could use it for want she wanted,"

     "Why did you ask them to stop?"

    "It did not feel…right. I could not… I could not accept it because I had…" Hyunjin stopped the words from falling from his lips.

     "You had?" Felix asked softly.

     The ravenet sighed softly and looked at the brunet, "I had quickly realised that I had fallen for you and it did not feel right, because I had come to the realisation that I was protecting you because of my feelings and not because I am your guard,"

    There was a look of pain in Hyunjin's eyes that Felix could not figure out, but he wanted to desperately.

    Hyunjin sat in the wooden near the fireplace, and laughed softly, but tears fell down his cheeks.

  "Hyunjin…"

    "It seems almost ironic that I fell in love with you. The person I swore I would never fall in love with, because it would cloud my judgement," Hyunjin said so softly.

    "How would it cloud your judgement?" Felix questioned.

    "I will always put you first. In any situation, you will always come first to me and it is not good. I am a guard, I am supposed to be able to seperate my feelings from what I do. I was never meant to fall in love with you,"

   Felix took a deep breath feeling a sting is his heart.

   "Maybe, fate made us come together. Maybe, it has all been planned from the start," Felix whispered.

  Hyunjin chuckled and wiped his tears, "If this is fate's doing, then fate is cruel," he stated.

   "Cruel? How- how could you even say that?"

  Hyunjin stood up and walked away from Felix trying not to let more tears fall.

  "Answer me. How could you say that?" Felix questioned again.

   The ravent turned on his heel to face Felix, "It just is, Felix,"

    "How? How could fate bring us together be cruel?"

     "I fell in love with the person I know I can never have. I fell in love with the brightest and most beautiful star in my universe and I know I can never touch you, or love you in the way that you deserve. I could never kiss you. That is how it is cruel, Felix. Fate is a cruel," Hyunjin stated.

   "What if I want you to?"

-

   Cliffhanger