12

"Felix, it is good to see you," James said with a smile.

    Felix smiled weakly, "It is good to see you as well, James,"

   James' brows drew together in concern, his hand resting on Felix's cheek softly.

   Hyunjin pursed his lips and took a step back as to not remove James'hand from Felix's face… or quite possibly his whole body.

     "Are you okay? You look ill. Are you not feeling well still from the accident?"

    Hyunjin looked over Felix, a frown appearing on his lips when he realised Felix looked paler than normal.

   "No, I am fine, I am sure it is simply the weather," Felix said.

    That was a lie and Hyunjin knew it. They were in the warmer time of the year. Felix would usually be glowing, his freckles a little darker from the exposure to sun, and his smile in Hyunjin's very sound opinion would also become warmer.

    Sometimes it made Hyunjin think Felix was a direct descendant of the sun god(dess) himself.

     "Your royal highness, we should get you back to the palace, you do not look good,"

    "Oh well, that is very kind of you to say," Felix muttered.

   "You always look stunning, however, right now you look ill," Hyunjin said without thinking.

   Felix's eyes widened.

    "I, uhm… your royal highness, if you are feeling ill it is best for us to go back to the palace," Hyunjin quickly said, trying to forget what he said a mere ten seconds ago.

    "I am feeling fine, General Hwang," Felix said.

    It took a minute to register the words.

    That was the first time ever Felix ever called him that. Before Hyunjin could say anything Felix had begun to walk with James.

    "Ah, General Hwang, he has notcalled you that ever,"

   Hyunjin huffed.

    "No, he has not,"

    "Maybe, he is done playing the cat and mouse game you two have been doing since he was fourteen," Chan said.

  "We have not been doing a cat and mouse game,"

  "You have to been playing a cat and mouse game with him and it has just gotten worse of the years, especially with the sexual tension between you two. I mean, you guys really need to get over each other or finally confess,"

    "I tried confessing, I sent him flowers and a card and he did not respond to them. Getting over him is the best idea, Yeji helped me realise that. He has a rank a high one too, it would be better from him to marry someone of a similar rank,"

      Chan clicked his tongue.

  "My cousin cares zero about ranks, do you honestly believe that, that guy over there will truly made him happy? That womaniser? That good for nothing rake, who has had his grubby paws on half the women and men in the ton. Besides that you do have a rank, you have a military rank,"

      "What? What do you mean by that?" Hyunjin questioned.

    "You… do not know?" Chan asked almost nervously.

   "Obviously, I do not. What do you mean?"

   Chan pursed his lips and sighed, "He comes into the shop every once in awhile and flirts with people there, he had done it to me, but Changbin shut him down really quick. I thought you knew,"

    Hyunjin walked ahead of Chan, quickly catching up with Felix and James.

   "Your royal highness, it is time for us to go," Hyunjin stated.

   "Why must we go, general Hwang?" Felix questioned.

   Hyunjin pursed his lips, "It is just time,"

    "I would like a reason,"

     "Very well. As I was just informed by your cousin, Sir James, has been seen around ton, mainly Chan's shop, in fact he even tried to flirt with Chan, therefore before he tries to charm you and ruins your honour, I believe it is best for us to leave," Hyunjin said.

   Felix pursed his lips and nodded, "Is  this true?" He asked.

   "Felix, I truly do not think that past actions have any indication for future ones," James said.

    Felix laughed lightly and shook his head, "It is Your royal Highness, sir James. My, I was naive,"

   Felix walked off and James was about to follow, but Hyunjin stopped him, "Leave the prince alone or we will have a big problem," Hyunjin said.

   "You merely a guard, you can do nothing to me,"

   "If you so choose to come near the prince again, I can and will have you arrested, as I am a general and I do in fact hold that power,"

    "You will never have a chance with him," James said.

  "And you will never be in a ten foot radius of the prince again," Hyunjin stated leaving.

    Hyunjin helped Felix into the carriage and then entered the carriage himself.

  "I do not wish to go back to the palace," Felix said softly.

  "Where do you wish to go, my prince?" Hyunjin asked.

    "Anywhere… just not to the palace,"

    Hyunjin nodded and stepped out the carriage to speak with the driver.

    When he entered Felix looked confused.

  "Where are we going?" Felix asked.

    Hyunjin smiled softly, "It is a surprise,"

  "A surprise?"

    Hyunjin nodded.

    Felix looked out the window and hummed it would be dark soon meaning they would have to go back to the palace eventually.

     Closing his eyes, Felix took a deep breath.

  I just want to be alone with him for longer…