16

Many many years ago

   "Chae, love, please slow down," the young woman giggled out.

   "You slow down you die, Nari," Chae said.

   "You run in corset you die too,"

   Chae stopped walking and turned towards Nari, "Then perhaps I should help you take it off, dearest. Slowly, piece by piece," she whispered.

    Nari held on to Chae's silk shirt and took a shaky breath.

   "You need to be careful with want you say, I may just agree," Nari said.

    "Maybe, I want you to agree. I want to show you just how much I cherish you, every inch of you,"

   The two were brought from there bubble of happiness when they heard clattering.

  Chae pulled Nari behind her, "Who is there?" She called out.

    A young man came out from behind the pillar.

   "Madam Song, Your royal highness…" he bowed.

    "Leon, what are you doing out here?" The princess asked.

    "Uhm, I am-" before he could finish his thought another male's voice was heard, "Leon, darling!"

   Leon winced hearing it.

   "Your royal highness," the man said when he saw Nari.

    Nari smiled softly.

   "Your royal highness, it is not-" Leon was cut of by Nari, "We will not say a word of it. Please keep our secret though. If anyone outside of you two were to find out of my relations with Chae it would not end well," she said.

   Leon and the other man nodded.

~many years later around when Felix was five~

     "Women are to be seen and not heard!"

   Nari held her head high even as her father yelled.

   "That story needs to end," Nari stated.

    "No, you need to keep your mouth shut," her father yelled.

    "I will not be like mother! I will not be speechless in the presence of you or anyone like you nor will my daughters and nor will Felix,"

    "Your son is pathetic, he can't even hold a sword,"

    "You will not talk of my child like that. You are the one that is pathetic," she said.

   The old man scoffed, "Felix is a man, he is to be king one day,"

   "If he so chooses to be king,"

   "Men are the heirs to the throne not women, the only reason you are even queen is because you married," he stated

   "Things must change and they are changing. I will not let my children lead the same I led," Nari told him.

   "You have no power! You cannot change a thing and I will not allow you to influence Leon with your wicked ways,"

    Nari took a deep breath, "You have no power father, you are not king anymore. I am the queen and the rightful heir as your only child. I will change things.

   I will not make my children or anyone's children hide who they are because of the fear that they may be killed. I will not be you. I will not let your rules continue to instill fear in people. I will not let what happen to Chae and I happen to anyone else. Most importantly I will not allow what happened to Leon's lover to happen once again,"

    As Nari began to leave her father spoke again, "I should have killed you just as I did your mother,"

     Nari closed her eyes and took a deep breath, opening her eyes she left the room.

     "It should not have been mother who died," she whispered.

-

   Backstory for Felix's mom. <3