divination

Once we arrived at the castle, I followed Hermione into a carriage with Harry and Ron, but almost as soon as we stepped out Malfoy was there, malicious smirk making a reappearance.

"You fainted, Potter?" He taunted. "Is Longbottom telling the truth? You actually fainted?"

He started to tease Ron when he told Malfoy to shove off, but Professor Lupin was quick to interrupt. I rolled my eyes at Malfoy's retreating back. Typical.

When we reached the doors, McGonagall pulled Harry, Hermione, and I aside.

"I'll need you three. You can go on ahead, Mister Weasley, I'll send them right back."

Ron rolled his eyes but did as he was told, though he watched McGonagall drag us away. She led us all the way up to her office.

"Professor Lupin owned ahead," she told us. "Said you two had fallen ill on the train."

I quickly shook my head. "We're alright, Professor. A bit of a shock, is all."

Madam Pomfrey swept through the doors. I saw Harry get noticeably red at all of the attention. Her face darkened when she saw it was us.

"Oh you lot again," she scoffed. "I suppose you've been doing something dangerous—"

"It was a Dementor, Poppy," Professor McGonagall said grimly. They shared a knowing look.

"We're okay, really," Harry stood quickly. "Professor Lupin gave us some chocolate. We're much better, right Lila?"

I nodded in agreement. "Yes, we're alright."

Madam Pomfrey seemed satisfied with this. "I'm glad we've finally got a Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher who knows his remedies."

"If you two are sure you're feeling alright," Professor McGonagall gestured to the door. "Kindly wait outside while I have a quick word with Miss Granger about her schedule."

Harry and I sat outside the door. I could tell he was frustrated by how fast the word had spread, and all of the fuss being made about it. I wanted to make him feel better, but I wasn't sure how. I was too lost in thought about what I'd seen. Despite what I'd said, the whole endeavor left me feeling exhausted and almost empty.

"I watched your parents die," I blurted. Harry's jaw dropped as he turned to look at me.

"You — what?!"

"Your parents, and Neville's, and my mum," I frowned while I stared at the floor. "Each time it was like I was there. Like the dreams I'd had with Anne. So vivid. Too vivid."

"I—," Harry was at a loss for words. "I'm sorry. I don't know what to say."

"I don't either," I played with the gem of Anne's necklace nervously. What was happening? Was this my supposed Seer abilities starting to show up? "But I hope I won't have to see it again."

Hermione emerged suddenly, looking very thrilled. Her expression fell when she noticed how glum the both of us seemed.

"What's with you two?" She asked as she helped us up.

"Nothing," Harry said quickly, turning to go before McGonagall could pull either of us back in. I shrugged and shook my head.

"I'll tell you later," I told her. The list was starting to pile up.

We'd missed the Sorting, walking in just as it was ending. Many heads turned to look and whisper at us, and I grimaced.

"News travels fast," I muttered.

"Leave that to Malfoy," Harry replied darkly.

"Welcome!" Dumbledore stood and opened his arms to us. "Welcome to another year at Hogwarts! I have a few things to say to you all, and as one of them is very serious, I think it best to get it out of the way."