xxi . sarah fink

thank you for 20k reads! giving u all a virtual smooch <33

Tiana woke up the next morning in Luke's bed, wearing the same clothes as the previous night, feeling like shit.

She instantly headed to the bathroom, throwing up whatever good was left in her body. When she looked from from the toilet bowl and into the mirror, she was pleasantly surprised. She didn't look too bad with a hangover.

"You okay in there?" Luke's voice sounded from outside. Tiana flushed the toilet and opened the door.

"Yeah, just a sec."

Tiana quickly brushed her teeth using the toothbrush she kept at the Dunphy's house as a spare, then used mouthwash, trying her best to get the smell of puke off her breath. Minty fresh. She then opened the door, revealing Luke stood outside.

"Morning," he said.

"Are you mad?" Tiana asked.

"A little, come on." The two headed back into Luke's room. "Why'd you drink so much?"

Tiana quickly thought of an excuse. "My parents told me not to, I guess I was just feeling rebellious." Of course she couldn't tell him that the real reason she was drinking was to cope with the fact that he was kissing another girl.

"You couldn't really hurt yourself."

"But I didn't, Luke. I'm okay, I just feel kinda shitty right now. Now you have to answer my question. Who was that girl?"

"What girl?"

"Don't play dumb. I can't remember much, but I do remember you smacking lips with some rando, then not answering me when I asked you about it the first time."

"Okay, fine. In all honesty, I don't know her name."

"Luke, you pig!"

"I'm sorry! It's not all my fault. She doesn't know my name either. She just kind of came onto me, and she was hot, so I wasn't gonna say no. We got talking for a little bit, and right when she was about to take me upstairs, Belle and Daniel brought you over."

"Take you upstairs?"

"Surely you know what that means, you've had plenty of-"

"Experiences. No, I know what it means," Tiana hid her hands behind her back, clenching her fists so hard that she was sure her knuckles were turning white. "I'm just surprised anyone would wanna hook up with you."

"Funny."

And suddenly, Tiana felt like she wanted to throw up again. She hasn't gotten a look at the girls face, but the fact that Luke made out with her without even questioning it said enough. This girl was hot. Probably hotter than Tiana.

Luke, on the other hand, didn't like the girl at all. As much as he felt like a douche for saying it, there were no feelings behind that kiss. If anything, he'd channeled his feelings for Tiana into it. Now Tiana was gonna think he had a thing with this girl. Any small chance he might have had with Tiana was gone, and he felt like the world's biggest loser.

 Any small chance he might have had with Tiana was gone, and he felt like the world's biggest loser

Awards day at school was never eventful for Tiana. She didn't win anything, and she didn't want to. It wasn't they she didn't want to be smart, but she didn't care that she wasn't. She had other redeeming qualities. Not to mention, she'd feel humiliated going up in front of the entire school.

What really entertained Tiana about this specific awards day was Luke winning the Boniface Integrity award, informally known as 'boner face'. Tiana made a point to hang out with Belle and Daniel for the rest of the day.

Later on, they went to Jay and Gloria's place. Tiana was the last to arrive there, where a discussion already seemed to be going on.

"What's happening?" Tiana asked as she stepped j to the residence.

"Manny pushed Scott Wheeler's car into the handicapped space in school so that he wouldn't get boner face and it'd go to me!" Luke said.

"No, I didn't," Manny said, "Even so, it serves you right for hitting on Sarah Fink." And, again, there went Tiana's heart.

"There are plenty of other girls out there, get over it."

"And there's one specific girl for-"

"No, there isn't, Manny. Shut up!"

"Okay, guys, stop arguing," Claire said, "Luke, I got you the Boniface. Guys, get out of here."

Manny, Alex and Tiana all headed out, Tiana only going to the kitchen. A specific girl? She did remember Luke telling her about a girl he liked? He was still hung up on her? It had been months. He must really like this new girl. Tiana played with a fork that had been left on the kitchen counter, getting lost in her thoughts, when Luke walked in, seeming defeated.

"What's up with you?" Tiana asked, not looking up at him as she continued playing with the fork.

"My mom thought I didn't wanna go to school this morning because I felt bad about not getting any of the awards. Feels like she sees me as some loser."

"Why didn't you wanna come to school? Is it about Sarah?"

"I don't even like her. She hit on me, not the other way around. I wanted to spare Manny's feelings."

"You don't like Sarah Fink?"

"No, she's nice. She's just not..." She wasn't Tiana. "She's not my type."

"I think you should talk to your mom," Tiana said, "She's probably feeling awful."

After Claire apologised to Luke, everyone got together to help rebuild Lily's old princess castle, and paint it to be a pirate castle.

"You know, I love little DIY projects like this," Tiana said, "Makes me excited to have my own kids."

"I think you'd be a good mom," Manny said.

"You think?"

"Mhm. You're good with Joe and Lily, not to mention you make a mean smoothie."

"Yeah, but who's gonna have kids with her?" Luke chimed in.

Tiana rolled her eyes, flicking paint at him. "You never know," Manny said, "Could be someone unexpected."

As Tiana walked away, Luke leaned into Manny's ear. "That seems like a hint."

"It is."

Of course, Manny was referring to Luke, but Luke took it the wrong way, thinking he was referring to himself. He rolled his eyes and walked away from the boy.

Was he serious? Manny knew Luke liked Tiana, and now he was trying it on with her? What if they were already a thing? What if Tiana liked Manny? He wished Manny had stuck to Sarah Fink.