xxxix . lake trip

start of season 9

The whole family was on a boat trip, which Tiana had been invited on. She didn't imagine her first vacation with Luke to be a family vacation. Sh expected something more intimate and romantic. She'd take what she could get, though. Lake life rocked, especially when Phil drove the boat to fast.

The reason Jay wanted them to go on the lake trip was so that they could see the first total eclipse in ninety-nine years. No one else cared about it as much as Jay did, they just wanted a getaway.

Tiana walked out of her room at the same time Manny walked out of his. However, he was fully dressed, and she was still in her pyjamas, messy hair, bare face.

"Shit, should I get dressed?" She asked.

"You may as well eat first, honey," Claire said, sliding a plate of breakfast over to her as she sat down beside Luke. Claire then turned her attention to Manny. "Manny, how do you take your eggs?"

"Like God made them," Manny said, cracking a raw egg into a glass and drinking it.

"Work it, Gaston," Tiana said sleepily.

"Manny, what are you doing?" Haley asked.

"This isn't Manny," Luke said, "It's Manuel. He's trying to reinvent himself for college. He's going for a strong, silent type."

"Hey, don't try to define me, man," Manny said.

"Manuel's gonna be gone in five minutes," Haley said.

'Manuel' cracked his neck. "Hey, it is what it is, man."

Tiana finished off her breakfast, leaving to go and get changed as Jay started banging on about the eclipse. Tiana soon came out of the room in her bikini, with a small dress over it to cover up.

She realised Haley, Alex and Luke were outside, so she went out there, too. "We're going to a party," Haley said, "There was this guy flirting with me, but Luke thinks it was a girl flirting with him."

"Why would it matter if a girl was flirting with you?" Tiana asked Luke.

"It wouldn't," Luke said, "I just wanna prove Haley wrong."

Tiana thought for a minute. She could do with a party. "If it is a girl and she flirts with you, I'm punching her. Let's go!"

The group took a smaller boat to the island, and searched all around for the so called 'party'

The group took a smaller boat to the island, and searched all around for the so called 'party'. However, they didn't find one. In fact, they came back to find their boat and the other people's jet skis gone.

"Oh my God, freaks, they robbed us!" Tiana said.

"They lured us out here and stole our stuff," Alex said.

"And you thought that guy really liked you," Luke said to Haley.

They all sat down on a log, as Manny tried rubbing sticks together to start a fire.